Chapter 54: Surprise, Surprise!

Hey guys

I'm dedicating this chapter to you, Annie, because you deserve it. I don't know how else to thank you for all your support on this story, all your comments, and votes, just basically everything. Every comment you leave here is like my own personal letter and I absolutely love it. Guys, I love hearing about your opinions, without them, I'd be pretty clueless. Annie, you said the last chappy had you crying, well, that's how I feel when I read your comments (although probably not for the same reasons).

So, I hope all of you will enjoy this chapter. Happy reading.

Love you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm worried 'bout everyone but me

I just keep losing myself

~Falling, The Civil Wars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My left wrist was itching.

Itching in a sort of way that wouldn't stop once I scratched it. The prickling sensation wouldn't fade at my touch, because it wasn't my skin that screamed at me, it was something inside of me. My mind was the cause of this strange feeling. I knew as much, because the insecurity came with it. I kept my head low as I walked through the hall. The self-doubt was easily detected by the hollowness in my body, the urge to make myself as small as possible and the voice in the back of my mind sneering at me.

The strange itch was slowly starting to scare me. Instantly and without my permission, an image of Miles smashed into my initial thoughts. It wasn't Miles that had me shuddering though it was his arm and, more importantly, his scars that shook me to the core.

No, I thought, shaking my head. I did not want to hurt myself. I didn't. But what if that was some kind of cruel first stage? What if self-harm was yet to come?

My heart nearly stopped at my thoughts, the air rushed out of my lungs. And for one split moment, I was sure I was dying of fear. Then my heart started racing in my chest.

I could not let myself go there right now. These thoughts would kill me.

I nearly tripped over my own feet, but managed to catch myself somehow. My actions just made everything worse.

At first, I thought it was paranoia. You could declare me crazy right about now, but I could feel it. I could feel their burning stares sear through my skin and down to my very soul until I was bare in front of them. Could feel their disgusted glares running up and down my body, saying everything without speaking. But most of all, I could feel the nauseating, heartbreaking hatred, the plain loathing towards me.

"Hey there," I heard a familiar male voice say. I almost jumped out of my skin as someone placed his arm over my shoulders, his hand dangerously close to grabbing my right boob. I frowned, my heart racing as I swatted the hand away.

He only laughed at my response. I looked up at him and my heart sank down to my stomach. Of course. "What do you want, Jensen?" I asked, distancing myself from him.

He grabbed my arm and forced me to come to a stop. What the fuck? I did not want to have any sort of interaction with him. He pushed me towards the lockers, not forceful enough to come in contact, but since I was my clumsy self I stumbled and crashed right into them. "What the fuck? Are you out of your mind?!"

He stepped closer to me before I could walk away. Something about his demeanor made me want to lock myself in one of the lockers since I couldn't make a run for it. I tried but he grasped my arm in a strong grip and kept me in place, my protests falling on deaf ears.