Chapter 29: Eugene's Ass

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Tiffany for all her awesome support on LiL. Thank you! *blows a kiss*

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I sighed and ran a hand through my hair

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Coach Edwards had advised me to take a break before talking to the other half of the team. And I had been quick to agree when I felt the exhaustion setting in.

After being here for the last two hours I had a lot of problems to think about. And while many of them were ready to tell me about them like Winston and Miles, most of them weren't as forthcoming and shut me out. And while I was trying to get them talking, my mind was already on the things I had to solve for the other team mates.

It was a mess!

Everything was a mess!

Hell, I was a mess!

And to make matters worse my mind was constantly spinning back to Ryan and Logan. I was angry at Ryan for trying to make me feel bad and upset about being there for Logan. He was my best friend for Pete's sake! How could I not want to help him if he was this unsettled.

One thing was clear I would never let any of my friends down. Ever.

And Ryan didn't even know the bigger picture, the things about Logan's dad and that he was really just scared when he had yelled at me. But that was non of his business. Just like saying those things about my friends as if they were just using me for their comfort. It had actually hurt when he told me that, but I knew that it wasn't true. I knew that I meant as much to my friends as they meant to me, otherwise they wouldn't treat my like they did.

But one thing was for sure, him telling me that I should stop caring so much for my friends wouldn't effect my actions in any way possible. I would never let myself feel bad for being able to help others.

"Hey girl, how's it going?" Edwards asked, taking the seat across from me.

Sighing, I shrugged while forcing a small smile on my face. "Good, I guess."

He frowned. "You okay? Did the boys do or say anything?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm just tired."

"You like coffee?"

"I love coffee."

He smiled. "Good," he said before placing a cup of coffee on the table.

"Thank you." I smiled warmly at him.

"You know, Liz, if you have any problems with this you can come to me. We can work together on it, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you."