Chapter 56: Food Convos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to be with you, It is as simple and as complicated as that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He loved me.

Sam loved me.

Me!

He was in love with me!

How was that even possible?

The voice of reasoning inside my head told me that this was close to insanity, that we hadn't known each other long enough for it to be love.

However, I couldn't deny what I'd felt when those three words came tumbling out of his mouth, overwhelming-almost dizzying-happiness. Warmth had spread from my heart to the rest of my insides.

We'd kissed the whole ride through, barely parted lips to come up for air. I'd tried my hardest not to smile too hard while his mouth was on mine, but I couldn't suppress it however much I wanted to. I hadn't felt this happy in... forever. Nobody had ever told me that they loved me in a romantic kind of way.

Although, my mind was trying to belittle his words, telling me that he'd just been grateful to have someone he could talk to about his dad, I was adamant about keeping my good spirits. So, while I still had my doubts about this being reality, I attempted not to overthink the situation, although I could hardly believe that this had actually happened, that the words did come out of his mouth and that he truly meant it.

I tried my hardest to accept the possibility that Sam truly felt unexplainable things towards me, but in the end, I got tired of blocking out the bad thoughts and in a way that I was scared of admitting, I longed for them. I knew that this was totally unacceptable and absolutely deranged and although I was completely aware of this insanity, I couldn't help but embrace the bad.

God, something was seriously wrong with me!

Of course, something is wrong with you if you actually think that Sam was telling you the truth!

But...

Have you ever considered the possibility that he meant it in a platonic way?

My heart actually stopped beating there for a second. Since we were in a relationship I assumed that saying the L-word in a romantic way was the only possibility.

I shook my head in a feeble attempt to send my thoughts staggering. I knew what I had to do. I needed to seek out the voice of reason.

Fortunately, it was only one call away.

"Heya, Bee my girl! What's up?"

An instant smile was my reply as I watched Jo on my laptop. Her raven black hair, which she was currently running one hand through, was in curls, barely reaching her waist. Her shiny blue eyes blinked back at me, crinkling at the corners due to the wide grin splitting her blood red lips. She kept her makeup light today well except for the lipstick, just mascara as far as I could tell which stirred the attention to her mouth. As far as I could see, she was wearing her favorite shirt, white with bold black print on it: PIZZA IS MY BAE

"Hey, Jo? What does your boyfriend think of this shirt?"

"This?" She looked down at herself. "Oh, well, I guess he would be more thrilled if it said JOSH IS MY BAE, but nah you can't get everything in life." I laughed. "Besides, he's third place. I'm not sure I could tell him that and see him that crushed though."

I chuckled. "Why third place?"

She grinned. "The order is Bee, pizza, Josh." I was about to aww when she continued. "Or pizza, Bee, Josh?" she wondered aloud, a thinking expression on her face.