𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

A/N - This was my first time ever writing anything, sorry if it's bad or cringe lol... go easy on me in here, I have grown better at writing since then. Anyway enjoy lmao.

*Edited*

-

Summer's POV

"Come on Riley we're are going to be late, you can finish your breakfast on our way!" I yelled at my best friend while I made my way out of the kitchen.

"You know I can't do that, I have to drive and I don't want us to crash," she replied as she ate the last of her sandwich.

"You know I can always drive, right?"

She rolled her eyes, took her car keys and made her way to the door—I avoided starting an argument about it knowing we would be late if I did. "Do we have to pick up Tyler?" I asked Riley as I buckled my seat.

"No he said he will come later because he was hungover."

I wish I could afford being late or skipping class— or just overall irresponsible like my friends, but I couldn't. You see we go to a private school full of rich kids but unlike my friends, I'm on a schoolarship there, hence why I don't have that kind of privilege — not sure that I would do them if I could either way, it's not really my style. I watched as Riley moved her head to the beat of the song playing on the radio.

"So, Summy, are you excited for our senior year?" She asked while she parked the car.

"Of course, I can't wait to get out of here." I told her while closing the car door.

"Yeah, me too I'm tired of this uniform." I thought our uniform was okay—it consisted of a navy blue blazer and tie with a white button up shirt and a navy blue skirt for girls and pants for the boys to match the rest, plus I thought it saved me time in the morning thinking how should I dress.

It wasn't high fashion or anything but it was for school so I don't really care.

My eyes widened as I heard the class bell knowing if we didn't hurry up we will be late, not that Riley cared but I do.

"Come on Ri, we need to hurry up." I said as I grabbed her hand and pulled her inside while she looked at her phone.

"What class do you have right now? Because I have math," she frowned and showed me her schedule on the phone.

"We have this, the next period and also lunch together."

She opened her mouth to talk before I interrupted her, "I already memorized both our schedules."

We entered the classroom luckily on time.

"This is why we're are best friends, you help me with school stuff and I help you with your social life." Riley beamed as she checked her instagram — I ignored her comment and got my notebook out and put it on my desk while I rummaged through my backpack looking for my pencil, once I finally found it the teacher was already starting the class.

Half and hour into the class the door opens and no other than the school's 'queen'—Skylar Sterling enters the classroom.

"Miss Sterling, you're late." Mr. Arnolds said.

Skylar looked up from her phone for a second before looking back to it. "Yeah whatever," she mumbled while she went to her seat.

Mr. Arnolds sighed and resumed writing in the board—used to the stuck up and disrespectful kids of this school— like every other teacher in here.

"Hey Summy, Summer!" Riley whisper-yelled as I took notes.

"What Riley? I'm busy!" I put my pencil down and look over at her.