Chapter 52: Strange Behaviors

Start from the beginning

"It'd be a better idea to bring him back here. I know I'm not the only one that has a grudge against him. It might relieve our stress to torture him to our heart's content. Wouldn't you agree, Rei?"

"Don't ask me," the blonde said, focusing on cooking their next meal, "Busy."

Shota shrugged and turned the page of the paper, the girl's terrified expression going unnoticed by him. She ran out of the room and up the stairs, making him pause and think about what could have caused her to be so frightened. Then again, while it seemed a perfectly normal idea to him, it couldn't have been farther from the girl's idea of it. Yamato was fully aware of the effect it would have on her, doing it to intimidate her into staying with him. Yet Takuya, feeling conflicted about the events that transpired brought his hand to his heart, feeling sorrow for the tormented female.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) was bawling her eyes out on the bed, sobbing harder with every thought she had about Narahashi. He was in danger because of her and she was at a loss for what to do. She hadn't expected they would attack him like that. It threw a wrench in her plan, making her have to rethink it completely. Yet as she looked up from the bed, her eyes landed on a sparkling golden gleam on a table adjacent to the bed. It was that strange key Shota had gifted her. She recalled it unlocked something he seemed to be sure she would have fun finding.

Picking it up, she felt its cold metal touch her skin and watched as she rotated it, the gleam of the blue crystals shining brightly. Then she examined her room, looking up and down to see if she could find any secret locks. Hopefully, she would gain either an escape route or some kind of useful tool to aid in her breakout. Yet there was no sight of any locks so she left the room, searching the corridors for anything useful.

Occasionally, she would stumble upon some kind of door. Most of them were locked, making it difficult to know if the key worked or not. She found herself at the end of the corridor, seeing a bookshelf covering it. She would have expected there to be a room, making her pull out books, thinking a lock could be hiding behind them. It took much effort to take all of the books off of the shelf yet she wasn't granted any lock or door. So she was forced to put every individual book back on the shelf.

Shota laughed as he watched the girl wander about the estate, looking for the matching lock to his key. He found it amusing to see her so invested in the gift he'd given her and as he laid his eyes on her form through the television, courtesy of cameras in every corner, she began to get slightly irritated. Her cheeks began to turn red in impatientness, making him let out an affectionate chuckle.

"How cute," Rei blushed, turning his attention to the device, "How long do you think it'll be before she finds it?"

"Who knows?" the redhead grinned, "I made it quite difficult to find, but she is truly intelligent. I'm sure she'll find it before we expect it."

The entire day passed and (Y/n) was still unable to find the lock she was so desperately looking for. She came downstairs to find a meal freshly prepared for her, yet she wasn't too keen on sharing a meal with the people that had contributed to her imprisonment and had harmed her friends. So she scampered back to her room, slamming the door behind her, hoping no one would follow her.

Of course, she wasn't granted such a luxury as Haru came running in the door, a plate of vegetables in his hands. He gave her an irritated glare and walked over to her, only finding that she backed away with every step he took towards her. It ended up enraging him even more and he took out a pair of handcuffs, placing the plate on the table. He gave her a look that was more a silent threat than anything else.

"The easy way or the hard way?" he asked, his tone serious and harsh while his face was blank.

The girl didn't get the chance to reply as the boy ran out of patience, chaining her wrists to the bedpost. He aggressively pried open her mouth and force-fed her an excessive amount of leafy greens and other types of vegetables. They didn't seem all that specially made, especially since Rei had always made a point to put flavors in his cooking. It made (Y/n) wonder if that was what he was arguing with the blonde about earlier.