CHAPTER TEN: I Am Not A Dog Pound For Annoying Lost Puppies

I am not illiterate. I know what these four words mean. And as far as I could remember, he’s the only one whom I ever got close with. He’s the only guy I’ve talked to. And it’s quite obvious that the ‘him’ in this letter is that guy whose eyes are darker than midnight and has brown disheveled hair.

But why would someone want me to stay away from him?

Yes, Errine told me to stay away from him, before. But now, he’s just too adorable to be pushed away. He’s of extreme help to me just now and I’ll be forever thankful about that.

Why would I stay away from him?

“Heavs?” I heard Errine’s voice accompanied by the sound of the door opening. I automatically hid the paper behind me.

“What are you still doing outside? It’s dangerous out there.” she chimed.

“I-I was just catching a little air. I was about to get inside.” I reasoned out before walking inside the house.

“What’s that smell?” Errine asked while sniffing like a canine dog.

“What smell?” I asked in complete confusion.

She didn’t answer. Instead, she sniffed her bandaged finger which I find quite a gross act.

“Not my blood. Something smells like blood.” she said.

Then it struck me. It’s possible, right? That the red ink in this letter was blood. And when the realization took place, I dropped the paper.

“What’s that?” Errine asked.

I hurriedly picked up the paper.

“N-Nothing.” I said stammering.

“Oh really? You’re really a terrible liar, and you know that, don’t you?” she said while her hands are crossed over her shoulder and she’s cocking her head to the side.

“It’s nothing. Really.”

She eyed me before sprinting towards my back and surprisingly took the paper from my hand. And I can’t do otherwise so I let her open the paper.

“Stay away from him...” she read out loud. “What’s this?” she asked.

“I don’t know, Rine. When I accompanied Kohell, on my way inside the house, I saw that paper. I took it. And I saw the same thing you saw. Those four words, which I know what the meaning is.” I explained.

“Stay away from Hell, am I right?” she figured. I just nodded.

“But why? Why would anyone want you to stay away from him? I know for sure that even though Hell’s as intimidating as he is, great number from the female population drools over him. But I haven’t heard someone who received such warning on a...” she sniffed it. “Oh my God! Is this blood? Is this what I smelled?” she exclaimed.

“Maybe.” I answered in complete discomfort. The thought of blood as ink for this note just gives me the fright of my life. Who in their right minds would leave a note written with blood?

“Is this some kind of a joke?” Errine said in disgust as she pinched the paper and threw it on the waste bin.

“A sick joke at that.” I said as I took a seat on the couch. I lifted my hands on my head and combed it through my hair.