CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: The Devil Was Tamed

God knows the right time, the right place and the right person for you. He calculates it properly, with it's pros and cons. For others, maybe it was untimely. But now that the truth crept it's way like the peeking sunlight behind the mountains, I chose to believe that now is the right time. After all, you get to chose when will the right time be, and God only places all the hints and clues for you. That's how life works. Atleast for me.

Some may call it destiny, but not for me. I don't believe in such word. There's no destined one. There's only YOUR chosen one. Because you get to choose who you want to be with and who you don't want to be with. You choose your life. It doesn't work the opposite. Life doesn't choose you.

And I chose this life. The moment I received the necklace, not knowing what it means, I have chosen this path. And I have chosen to walk through it and end it all no matter what.

A huge thorn was pulled out from my chest, lessening the load I had to carry, solving a huge chunk on my mysterious life. Lifting a ton of weight that has been pressing me down.

Knowing the truth about Kohell's existence and his identity, has got me thinking, do I have a greater chance at defeating whatever evil that may come our way? I hate to think that I might be using him to get through this, but he's already involved. And I know there's no stopping him from vanquishing the opponent.

But now that this situation was laid out in front of me, I am positive that I'll do my own part on this and not depend on him.

But right now, the problem is, well at least for me, was dealing with a house full of bloodsuckers. And today is day one of the ten-day Treyson-invasion.

"You've met my mother." Kohell spoke in the middle of shooting the ball at the ring. Not only that he's a quarterback but he also have some skills in basketball.

It was a couple of hours ago from the confrontation slash confession slash confirmation of our... ummmm... on-going relationship.

"Oh, yes. She seems nice." I answered in a low voice while picking grass poppin' out from the freshly mawn back lawn. I was sitting in an indian position on the grass as I watch him throw that ball up in the air.

"Yes, she's the greatest mother." His voice a bit shaky from dribbling.

"How old is she?" I asked full of curiosity.

"She's 39." Kohell answered, looking my way and laughed a little before shooting the ball.

"Yeah right. Like for real, Kohell." I said and threw a handful of the grass I picked, like that can nearly harm him.

He walked over towards me, the ball swirling in his fingertip. As soon as he reached me, I handed him the water bottle and his towel.

"She's 311 years young. She's the eldest among the three siblings, Iridessa, Teressa. Oh and by the way, I bet you still don't know, my Mother's name is Hessa. All siblings are alive and well, their entire population is growing. You'll meet them soon. Don't worry, they're good vampires. Good looking. " He winked and then chugged, emptying the water bottle.

"Whoa." I said, amazed by all these information.

"So uhm, what does your Mother do?" I asked.

He sat next to me, legs laid out in the grass, leaning backwards and his hand extended towards the grass near his back for support. "She's a full-time Mother. But besides that, she's an active member of some kind of an organization for, you know, vampires. Both my Mother and my Father, actually. That's why I always talk to them about you. That's why they were very much willing to let you stay with us, for your safety."