CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: A Lovely Dream I Shared With Him Under The Starry Skies

Chapter Twenty-Two: A Lovely Dream I Shared With Him Under The Starry Skies

It is possible to actually hate someone and at the same time have some fascination everytime they do good things, right? Or maybe it can actually happen if he showed or say things that can really take your heart. It is quite difficult to balance both affection, everytime we talk about what Kohell can do. One time, he can be dangerously sexy and you seemed like you're bewitched by his unrelenting oozing charm. And then the next, he can really be annoying and smug and is always so full of himself. I don't know how he doea that out of vigor. I really think he meant to give me mixed signals and it really is alarming.

Right now, all the fluttering butterflies in my stomach have magically transformed themselves into fire-breathing dragons. My insides went into a rollercoaster upon hearing him say all those things.

It all came out really arrogant but if I dig deep into the meaning of what he said, it unbelievably sound so sweet. I never thought he can be this possessive. And quite surprisingly I did smile at the thought of it.

Thinking about it, it flatters me a lot. No one has ever been possessive to me. Not until Kohell graciously sweet-talked me and took a piece of my heart which really made me smile.

But no, he's giving me mixed signals again. And as much as I want to indulge myself into the goodness of his sudden possessiveness, I have to slow it all down.

Everything's happening so fast. And I can't seem to catch up, it is almost hard to catch up. I have to compose myself. I can't let him take all of me, right?

"What do you mean I am yours? How come I don't know I belong to you? What makes you think you have the right to own me? You're not even my boyfriend. And we aren't really that close to begin with." I blabbered.

"Well, I said I want you to be mine. So you belong to me now." He answered quite confident.

"Well, let me get one thing straight and clear, Mister feisty-pants. I never agreed to that. And the thought of being yours? It makes me shudder." I said in great determination. Well, I'm really determined to knock some sense into this self-conceited guy. He can't just claim me, I'm not a thing.

"Wow, you know lots of girls out there would kill to be in your place. But please, Heather, just let me stay with you, at least. That way...." He looked down. "....I won't feel guilty about something anymore."

I looked at him for a long time and what I see now, is not the same smug guy he was 30 seconds ago. This one's a completely different person. And for the second time tonight, he took a small piece of my heart.

***

Having dinner with someone has never been this casual. We talked about random things. Family. School. Sports. And the awkward cheerleading thing. We even laughed about not so funny things.

"So you're really Kelly's brother." I said.

"Not by blood." He answered.

"Yeah. I know. So how does it feel like?" I asked him.

"Feel what?" He asked.

"You know, having a sister." I answered.

His expression changed a bit before he answered, "It's cool."

"Cool?" I asked confusingly.

"Phillips' actually strange and weird." He answered.

"So being strange and weird is cool?" I asked in complete sarcasm.

"I don't know. But I like cool people." He answered.