CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: Smile At Me. Like I'm Your Most Favorite Person

You know that time when you don't know how to react at certain situations and life has given you a few choices and most of them are not as good as you think it would but you know is the right thing to do? Like for example, you know it's breaking the rules and it's supposed to be illegal that's why they established the separation between boys and girls, but you found yourself living with someone your opposite sex under the same roof. You don't have much choice but to care about your safety, and nothing else matters.

Within five feet away, Kohell with all his glory, continues treading the red bricked walkway unto the field with me. Neither of us initiated or started a conversation and I sure as hell don't want to start it. Otherwise, I'll spill another batch of idiocy. All I ever did was to think about how we're going to cope up with the situation.

Me, living under his care, means lots and lots of complications. And now that I think of it, I was amazed at what I discovered. Kohell is living alone in his dormroom #34, which was supposed to be good for five. How much did his family actually spent on that?

Occasionally, Skye and Hunter would come over at the Devil's Lair, (that's what I call it), but doesn't stay for the night. So, I can't tell if I am a bit lucky knowing there would be two less pair of testicles I should worry about, given the fact that I already have to worry about Kohell and his royal eminence.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked out of nowhere. And it startled me quite a bit.

"Nothing that includes you." I responded, without even looking at him.

"Liar. Why are you so far from me then? It's not like I have a contagious disease or something." He said. I looked sideways towards his direction, and in my peripheral vision, he's looking at me with hands in his pockets.

"No particular reason. And for the record, I never walked beside you. Like super near you." I answered.

"Let's change that. From now on, you walk beside me. Like a real couple would." He said, and crossed the five feet gap between us.

I lost my composure. I became uneasy. Like I want to move over to the other side just to distant myself from him.

"If you want this to work out, you'll do as I say, Blondie. Or else, we'll be busted out. People here loves gossip and if we don't act upon this quite well, they'll find out we're not really dating. So move over here."

"And do you think even if our acting's Oscar-worthy, they'll believe this little show? I mean, less than 2 months, we've known each other for less than two months. Who would believe we're actually dating?"

"That's why I'm asking you to do it a little romantically. Like we're in love. Since you've been in this school, they see you with me. Always with me. So that might give them a hint that we're dating." He said, trying to make a point.

Finally, I looked at him with a little aggression.

"Yes, I was always seen with you because ... because you are always where I want to be! You always approach me in a little less well-mannered way. You made such huge impression on me that you are that type of person who can control me, who can give me the biggest frustrations, and you're a huge pain in my ass. To cut the story short, you annoy me big time! And no matter how hard I try to stir clear from your glorious path, I can't. It's like, there's an invisible string tied on us two and would always be the reason that we are somewhat inseparable." I blabbered up to the extent that I had to catch my breath.

There was no response from him. By the time I have calmed down, he remained staring--no, gawking at me. Examining every inch of my face, every detail, every straight lines and curves.