CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: I Wonder How You Got Yourself A Quarterback

I had all the day figured out and planned out well.

I have to excel in class more times than I should be, thus preoccupying my mind and clogging it with school stuff, making sure none of the supernaturals can squeeze it's way in. And not to mention the eternal torment of having Kohell Damien Treyson under my nose. So basically, my plate's full for the day.

I grabbed my bag and took one last minute security check on my "rental room", that's what I call it. After satisfying myself with it's security, I walked out and headed on to the living room where the home owner is currently waiting for me.

"What's with girls taking so long to prep up for school?" Kohell asked as he grabbed his own bag.

"Uhh, good morning to you, too." I answered sarcastically.

"Like, really, you don't need to get all dolled up for school. You're just basically going to sit all day and listen to boring lectures." He added.

"Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I see." I commented.

Why is he so grumpy today? It's like he's on menstrual period. Oh well, but I still kept my composure and my cool because I don't want to start this day wrong. So I guess I would have to olay this one safe and not add more fuel to the fire, that is Kohell.

"Do you realize how long I waited for you? It's been almost an hour. I know you woke up around 6. And you even woke up first. And you still finished last." He hissed. What's his problem?

"Let me make things clear, Kohell. You are not obliged to wait for me. I can go on my own. It's not as if I'll take a bus, and a train, and a cab to get to school. It's roughly a 10-minute walk. I did not ask you to sit around and wait for me. So I have no idea why you're so grumpy at this early in the morning." I said as calmly as possible. Tho I can feel my eyes twitching a little bit. And when that happens, oh no, it's a start of me steaming like hell. But I tried to keep my composure until the very end of my statement.

"Yes, I am not obliged and you told me nothing about waiting for you. But you're living under my care. And with all that's been happening--"

"Don't." I cut him out in the middle of his statement. I know it's rude but I have to. "Stop. Just... don't jinx it. Nothing's happened for the past week." I said.

Yes, suprisingly, nothing unusual has happened for the past week and that made me worry. Because like what Kohell said, we shouldn't put our guard down because maybe they're just planning out an attack when we're most vulnerable. So instead of being happy, I feel almost paranoid.

Oh wait. Maybe... Maybe that's why he's so clingy to me these past few days. It's like he always wanted to be with me. Maybe he...

"I don't want to be the last one to know you're harmed. So even if you didn't ask me to wait for you, I will. Your safety is on top of my priorities. And there's nothing you can say or do that can wager that. So please, just cooperate with me. It's not easy putting up with your stubbornness, baby doll." He said and turned his back on me. "Get all your things ready. I'll wait outside." And he finally walked out the door.

I would have to react on the whole "baby doll" thing, but I guess I can't argue with that anymore. It's the name associated with our fake relationship.

And so, I took a quick trip to the fridge and grabbed my iced coffee before heading out to the door where Kohell, as what he said, is waiting for me.