CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Sleep. Or Do You Want Me To Read You A Bedtime Story?

I walked up along the patio that leads to the front porch of the house trying to contemplate why Kohell's mood suddenly changed into the old him; the almost cold, violent and intimidating him. I know he has this very bad moodswing but regarding what he had shown me awhile ago, it really put me on the situation I am right now. It got me thinking and wondering and some more thinking.

I must admit that I am on high hopes that he won't be back to what he waz before. But what he did, just gave it away. He'll forever be that douche bag who surely knows how to ruin a fantastic and romantic night.

Romantic? Did I just consider it as romantic? Which part of it was romantic, Heaven? Oh yes, those moments when he pulled up some cheesy punchlines on mr. I guess, that's really what guys can do. They're just like that.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him?"

I turned in various directions, seeking who could possibly be the owner of the voice. And as if on cue, a black hooded person emerged from the from behind a tree and I know without second thoughts that it was Selene.

I couldn't see clearly because the light from the lampost was directed on her back and it gave me quite the creeps, if I'm being honest. Just by the thought that a hooded girl is walking towards me with God knows what her intentions would be.

"I tried, Selene." I said nervously as I took a few steps backwards.

"I won't hurt you, Heather." She said in a calm voice.

"Neither would he." I said bluntly.

"Not yet." She countered.

"What exactly do you want? If it's to ask me to steer clear from his path, I can't do that. He's my classmate. He's my partner at P.E Class and I happened to be a cheerer for his quarterback ass. So if we look closely into the situation, it would be hard to stay away from him." I explained.

"Then leave." She retorted.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Leave this hell place, Heather. You don't belong here. You don't even belong anywhere. You're not what you think you are."

"And you think you know what I am?" I asked in sarcasm.

"Yes. And I know what Hell is. He's a dangerous person."

"Oh please. Tell me something I don't know. Look, yes what you think about Kohell might be right. He's dangerous in so many levels. But the thing is, as long as you don't give him permission to destroy you or break you, he can't. I can manage. Thanks a lot for the concern."

"No, you don't understand, Heather."

"Then make me understand in a language in which I can digest. Don't loiter around the place and just get to the fucking point!" I hissed.

She sighed.

"Meet me at the mouth of the Mystic Woods tomorrow after sundown. I'll show you something." She said.

"Mystic Woods? But... But it's forbidden to be in there. That place was considered dangerous since..."

"Just be there. Please. I'm here to help you." She pleaded.

"I--"

"Heavs, is that you?"

I heard Errine's voice from the front porch and as the light from inside the house illuminated the pathway, I turned to Selene's direction and found out that she wasn't there anymore.