Chapter 14

"Get up." Thomas says sharply. I'm about to speak when Matt looks into my eyes, slowly placing a finger on my lips, keeping his place on me. I can still see Thomas out of the corner of my eye, even though Matt lays on me. He cocks his head slightly to the right with a wicked smirk appearing on his lips. "Oh, so now you're deciding not to listen to daddy. What an ungrateful little bitch... I said get up." His voice becomes deeper, and I physically begin shaking.

"Sir, put the gun down and we can talk through this." Tyler says, still towering above me and Matt.

"Who the hell are you? Do you really think at this point I am in a place to negotiate?" A sputter comes from Officer Hale as Thomas looks over to him. Hale is trying to reach for his gun. He walks over to him kicking him hard in the stomach causing a blood curdling scream to escape from his lips. Blood is pooled all around him as I see him stop moving completely. A tear rolls down my cheek, as Thomas picks up the gun and puts it in the back of his pants. "Now that we don't have that to worry about." He walks back towards Tyler and aims his gun.

"Are you insane, do you see the police outside? They're ready to shoot you on site." Thomas cocks his head with thought. He walks back over to Officer Hale who I assume is dead at this point, for he has stopped moving completely, and grabs his radio off of his belt.

"Is this thing on?" He mocks into the radio.

"Come out once with your hands up or else we will come in and shoot you. Do you understand me." I hear Matt's dad's voice on the receiver. I look to my left to see him outside talking through his radio to Thomas. Thomas laughs psychotically.

"You come in here and I'll kill all three of them, and then myself. Don't you dare take a step, and don't you dare think about sending people through the back. I will not hesitate to kill all of them." Mr. Pearson shakes his head talking to the other officers waving his arm, seeming to give them some direction. I see people in hospital gowns and other civilians panicking outside. Thomas attaches the radio to the pocket of his shirt.

"Stand up now." His voice booms through the empty lobby. I hear the gun click as I once again bring my gaze back to Matt. I nod my head, a silent gesture to tell him to listen to his directions. Matt gives me a pleading look but slowly stands up. I pick myself up off the floor and turn my gaze towards Officer Hale's stiff body. Matt keeps me near him. For the first time I bring my sight to Thomas. He gives me a wicked smile, and then immediately looks to Matt. "Matthew, how lovely to see you, as I've been watching from afar I noticed you and my daughter have...hm, what do the kids call it these days." He taps the point of the gun to his head. "Ah together. A relationship." He slowly pussyfoot's towards us. "I always liked you, it's sad that things have to end this way."

"You sick bastard, don't you DARE come near either of the-'' Tyler shouts but is stopped by a gunshot. He crumples to the ground. "NO!" Matt yells trying to move forward but the gun is suddenly pointed on him and he stops. "You move, and you're next." Thomas looks towards Tyler who was shot straight through the head, A look of horror springs across my face. "See I really didn't want to do that- honestly, but he was starting to get on my nerves." I begin sobbing almost falling to the ground, as Matt grabs me. I look up to him yet again to see him crying.

"Mr. Lee you don't have to do this." Matt pleads. "Please just let us go."

"Then none of this would be worth it Matthew." With the gun still pointing at us, he slowly walks over to Officer Hale. He puts two fingers on his neck and lets out a sinister laugh.

"Well that makes things a lot easier." He steps over the body. Bringing his gaze to Matt.

"Let her go Matthew. I've known you for a long time, boy, I don't wanna shoot you. I want her." Thomas is only a few feet away from Matt now, Matt pushes me back further towards the door of the hospital. I feel the cold air coming through the cracks of the door. I try to make a plan in my head for me and Matt to run, but my thoughts get interrupted.