Chapter 7

The next morning I get up and get ready for school. Matt is still half asleep in bed by the time I get out of the shower. I shuffle through the bags of clothing my mother had gotten for me and throw on a cozy sweater, leggings, and some converse. I pick up a pillow from the bed and throw it at Matt telling him to wake up. He groans and slowly sits up stretching his arms.

"What time is it?" He croaks still groggy.

"It's six thirty, we have to leave in thirty minutes so hurry and get dressed, we have a long day." I say grabbing my bag and walking into the hall. I make my way down the stairs to grab some breakfast. Eventually Matt comes down the stairs dressed and ready, stuffing a granola bar in his mouth and grabbing his keys.

"Ready babe?" He asks me and I freeze. His eyes go wide and he stops chewing his granola bar.

"Babe?" I ask cautiously.

"Sorry I meant Nai, I'm off from the weird dreams I was having last night." He continues chewing and exits the room. I stand there for a moment thinking to myself about what just happened. I felt weird but deep down I didn't hate when he called me that.

|~|

I walk into the school building taking a deep breath. Hopefully the day won't be too bad I think to myself. Matt and me head to my locker, shuffling through kids rushing to get to homeroom. I opened my locker to see a bouquet of roses and one single fake rose, attached to them was a small note that read "Sorry but, I will love you until the last rose dies." I was struck by confusion.

"Did you do this?" I ask him and he chuckles.

"Nai i've been with you all day and all day yesterday, there is no possible way I could have done this." I immediately feel very stupid and quickly apologize. He runs his hand over my back in a protective way.

"Well who could have done this? and who the hell knows my locker combination? You don't even know it!" I say pointing at Matt as he shakes his head.

"I'm clueless too Nai, but it looks like you have a secret admirer." He playfully winks and I hit his arm.

"Really though, this is such a nice gesture. I really would like to thank the person who did this." My hands wrap around the bottom of the flowers as I pull them out of my locker. Bringing the flowers to my nose I smell the fresh sweet scent. They were so overwhelmingly beautiful and I have no clue who gave them to me.

"Well I gotta run, if i'm late to class one more time Mr. Struck is going to kill me." Matt says adjusting his backpack on his back. I smile at him and he side hugs me before scurrying away. I set the flowers back in my locker gently and grab my psychology book then closing the door. As I begin walking to class a gentle tap on my back stops me. I turn around to see David and I smile immediately happy to see him.

"Hey Nai, how are you?" He asks as we continue to walk down the hall.

"I'm not awful but not great, you know just living. I apologize for not answering your texts last night it's been a long day." He gives me a sympathetic look and swings his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey it's gonna be okay, maybe not today or tomorrow but I promise you it will all work out. I kind of figured you were going through some stuff so I didn't expect you to answer. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you." I smile at his kind words.

"I know we've just become close friends yesterday David, but it feels like I have known you forever. I really enjoy this kind of friendship, so thank you." He smiles at me and we both laugh while walking into class. My feet stop in my tracks when I see Tyler sitting in the seat next to mine. His eyes look to mine and my breath hitches. David gets close to my ear and whispers.