Chapter 21

"Maybe I should join the curling club." Ariana laughed as we were sitting in her car on our way back to my place for dinner. Frankie and Joan had gone back to the hotel with their separate car.

"You really think you have what it takes to go to the championships?" I said turning to look at her laughing.

"Well, at least if my music career fails, I'll have something to turn to." She said laughing as she rested her head on my shoulders. She then linked her arm around mine, pulling me a bit closer. My heart did backflips.

"This was truly fun though. Thank you for organizing this." She said, almost whispering.

"The night is still young. There's still dinner." Her eyes widened in excitement at the mention of food.

We arrived a few minutes later to my place. I got out of the car very rapidly and ran around the car, getting the door and holding it open while she stepped out of the car.

"What chivalry." She teased, laughing, as she got out of the car.

We waved at the driver as he drove away and I turned to my building's entrance, trying to find the keys. Fuck. Had I left them somewhere? I suddenly realized that I had left my bag pack in the car.

"Uhm." I said turning around to Ariana, a bit embarrassed.

"You lost your keys." She said amused by the situation.

"I may have left my bag in the car." I scratching the back of my neck, a bit nervously.

"I don't have this guy's number. He's not the usual car service we work with. Let me just call my mom quickly." She said getting her phone out of her pocket and putting it to her ear.

She walked a bit further away, informing Joan about the situation we were in. It sounded like Joan was going to try and fix the situation. I felt kind of bad as Joan was now looking into all this.

"Right, my mom's going to try and figure this out. In the meantime, I'm hungry so let's find somewhere to eat." She smiled, linking her arm in my hand and we walked to the main road to try and get a cab.

I saw Ariana undo her signature ponytail and put the hoodie up so it was covering her a bit. She pulled out some sunglasses out and wore them.

"It's dark outside, don't you think that will look a bit weird?" I asked amused at the fact she had these big designer sunglasses on at 6pm.

"I could pass for blind. No one would question why I have them on if they think I'm blind." She joked.

"That's dark humor Ari and in very bad taste. Besides, I've never seen blind people with Fendi sunglasses. So not passable." I said, laughing at this whole conversation and her weird attempt to justify sunglasses.

"Fine." She said taking them off and placing them back in her pockets. "Just don't blame me when we're going to have to run away from the paparazzi." She said very serious, fake offended too. 

"It's not downtown New York or LA, here. Besides, I know a great place where you won't have to worry about it. But just in case, are you okay with getting a cab then?" I offered, knowing full way I could not pay for it and wanted her to agree with me throwing us into a taxi.

She smiled and silently nodded. I called a cab that was driving down the street.

I reached out and gently grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers. I led her across the street where the taxi was waiting. I looked over at her as we crossed the road and she was looking at her hands and then up to me. She gave out the biggest, genuine smile.