Chapter 14

I heard the footsteps make their way up to my floor but was dreading to open my door.
They stopped at my door and a knock shortly followed. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat away from the nervousness and reached the handle to open the door.

"Joan?" I asked, very confused standing face to face with Joan Grande.

Ariana popped up from the side of the door laughing hysterically. Joan was also very amused. 

"You should see your face right now. For real." Ariana said in between fits of laughter.

"Is there something you've done that you're this scared the police knowing about? If so, I'm going to have to reconsider you seeing my daughter." Joan said as she walked passed me, entering my apartment.

I was still standing there completely shocked.

Wait... 'seeing my daughter'?

What had Ariana told her? So many emotions were running through me. Amusement, anger, relief, worry and...how the hell did she get my address?

"How the hell did you get my address?" I blurted out my last thought to Ariana.

"My mom has ways of getting information she wants and needs, she does work in communication software for military intelligence after all..." Ariana winked at me before smiling to her mom.

Ariana had also followed Joan into my apartment.

"Dear, it's quite cold in here we need to get you a proper heater." She went into my small living room inspecting everything.

Ariana came back to me and hugged me tightly and said, in a lower tone of voice:

"I'm sorry if I woke you up babe. But plans have changed and we are supposed to go to the recording studio a bit earlier. Scooter, my manager, is flying in to see the progress."

I realised that I was still in my sleeping shorts and t-shirt. I blushed.
Think the panic kind of disabled my brain momentarily.

"Honey, we're also going to change these curtains! A trip to Ikea is in order soon!" I heard Joan say from my living room, out of sight.

Ariana chuckled and quickly placed a kiss on my cheeks before she turned around and went to join her mom.

"It's a cozy place you have here, but my mom is right, you need more furniture and redecorating in here." Ariana said as I had just joined them.

I rubbed the back of my neck. I felt a bit embarrassed. It's not that I was a terribly messy person, but I had not made it look proper enough to let someone come into my apartment, let alone Ariana and her mom.
Ariana looked around and stopped at some pictures I had in frames on a shelf.

"Is this your mom and you?" she asked

I nodded and smiled. The picture had been of a nice holiday trip my mom and I went on after we had gone through a rough time and before I went to study.

"You guys look adorable." She said softly, putting the frame back down as I smiled back to her.

"Do you guys want something to drink? Coffee, tea?" I asked, stupidly.

"Actually, we were coming to pick you up now, Y/N. So go get ready and we will wait here." Joan said as she took a seat on my worn out couch looking through my place and taking notes in a small green notebook.

Ariana had also gone to explore and inspecting in details my small apartment as Joan and I had been talking. I nodded and headed back to my room to get clothes and jump in the shower really quick.

I met Ariana in my bedroom as she was looking through my wardrobe.

"Can I help you?" I asked amused, she jumped a little seeming to not have heard me come in.