Chapter 8

A loud knock on the door managed to get me to wake up very quickly. I looked around and remembered that I had taken a nap in the same bed as Ariana.

She also must have heard the knock, since she was slowly waking up and mumbling, but did not provoke the same shock as it had with me.

"Ariana, there's someone at the door, I'm just going to stand over there in case they come in. I'm not supposed to be here." I panicked a bit.

"Give me a second." She half sleepily called out to the door and proceeded with a slight laugh. "You stress out very easily." She casually said to me, throwing me a quick glance. I was making my way to her wardrobe yet again. I looked at my watch and it was a little over 10pm. I had work in an hour again.

"Ariana!" I heard a voice coming into the room. It sounded familiar. "I texted you 2 hours ago and have received no response! I was getting worried sick. Don't do that to your poor ma."

Of course, her mother just had to walk into the room.

"I just spoke to Nonna. She said you never messaged her back either. What have you been doing today?"

At this point I could not see anything. I was just hearing furniture and objects being moved and steps around the room.

"Ma, I need to shower. Can you just give me a few minutes and we will be able to have this conversation later?" Ariana calmly said. How was she being so calm? My heart was pounding out of my chest and was risking yet another heart attack courtesy of the Grande family.

"No. You can shower if you want but I am staying here. You've been acting strange. What is going on with you? You've slept all day, you have been so distracted during your interview. At least you're getting to work on your songwriting, but I'm worried." The woman whose name I remembered was Joan said.

"You worry too much ma." I could hear Ariana's voice coming closer.

I felt like a creep being in her wardrobe. I was face to face with one really tight looking leather dress and right at the foot of that dress was a bag with what I could clearly tell were bras and underwear. I blushed furiously and the space suddenly got very warm.

I was stuck in a really intimate personal space, her mom in the same room and Ariana talking about taking a shower.

How did I get myself into this...

I was the definition of a creep, hadn't it been for my recently found friendship with Ariana.

"Ariana...who slept here?" my heart stopped.

"What do you mean?" Ariana said, with a hint of worry in her voice.

There was a moment of silence and I was guessing Joan was either by the bed or pointing at it. Hopefully, she was not raiding the room.

"Ma, no one slept there, it was just me. You know how I get when I am really tired, I just starfish across the bed. You're looking into everything too much." Ariana's voice was a bit further and I was guessing she was back over by her mother.

"You just got out of a relationship. You shouldn't be throwing yourself into a new one any time soon. It's called healing sweetie." Joan said to her.

"I know, I know. For real though, that's why I am taking this time for myself, so if I've been silent I am sorry, just working on myself and getting myself back to speed."

"Mhm mhm." I hear Joan nonchalantly voice. Then there was some silence and footsteps going away. I believe Joan was making her way out.

"Just make sure the person who's bag pack this is gets it when they leave your room, Ariana."