Chapter 3

Luckily, the restaurant was now empty. She walked into the restaurant and couldn't help but to twirl around the big space.

"This is such a nice feeling. Being all alone with no one around you and you can just do whatever you want with no one watching. You must love working at night." She said smiling, from genuine happiness.

I can imagine she did not often get these kind of moments to herself where she could just do what she wanted with no eyes or cameras on here.

Her smile was just so breathtaking and I felt warmth in my heart from seeing her so happy. She was really stunning.

She stopped twirling and looked at me again. Her smile never leaving her face.

"You know; you're going to have to stop being nervous around me. We have 4 night shift of yours together, so you'll have to get used to me."

All I could do was just to simply nod. I gathered all my strength to kickstart my brain so that I could formulate sentences.

"I'm just a shy person, and I've never been in this kind of situation before." I gulped at the last couple of words.

"And what kind of situation is that?" she was circling around one of the dining tables not so far away from me looking at the silverware as if she had never seen a dining table before.

"Well, I have never found myself in the presence of a beaut –" My heart was taking over my words and my brain instantly knew to shut it down. "in the presence of someone as famous as you." I was still stood in place. I seriously needed to get myself together because this would be a very long night looking like an idiot in front of this Goddess.

She clearly noticed my first sentence and stopped to look at me still smiling quickly before I saw a hint of sadness take over slowly.

"You know, I'm not different than you or other people. The only difference is I had the chance of making a career out of singing. But deep down, I still get shy, I still get anxious, hell I even have stage fright before going on stage. I'm not this overpowered perfect girl. At least not all the time." she joked at the last part.

She tried laughing that sentence off but I saw more emotions in her eyes. I knew people just saw Ariana the celebrity but not Ariana the human being.

"It's hard finding people that can't see pass my social status, my bank account and fame. It's hard finding real connections with people. I had friends come and go because they thought being with me would get them to be more famous, to fly private jets, stay in luxurious hotels all expenses paid. Yeah I have to admit, I have an amazing life, I love my fans and the love and support they give me all the time - I'm not complaining - but truth is I miss moments like these. I miss these real moments of having no one know who I am, where I can feel 'normal'."

While she had been talking she had made her way to a bar stool and had let herself drop on to it in resignation. And the next word that came out her mouth, broke me heart.

"Even though you're always surrounded by people, fame is a lonely business."

I felt sorry for her, she was still so young and even though she had the whole world at her feet, I had something she didn't – absolute freedom.

I vowed myself that I would make today fun for her.

I managed to gather my strength and make my way to her. She was looking down; sadness had gotten the best of her. I extended my hand and placed it on her shoulder.

"Shall I prove to you that I am a better cook than concierge now?" I smiled saying.

She quickly looked up to me and when she saw I was smiling, she returned it but much wider and squealed a bit.