Chapter 13

it was soon nearing 6am and I was surprised Ariana was still awake.

Asides from her working on writing from time to times, we had talked quite a lot during the shift about everything and nothing.
I mostly listened to her talk so passionately about her dogs and pig, from Harry Potter to her learning Japanese. She also talked a lot about her family; mostly of hergrandfather and grandmother's love story, war stories of her grandfather and her ownchildhood before fame.

I was so seriously in awe to see how much of a genuine person she was and how much all her family had gone through. She was also very down to earth.

In return, I had told her my own story of my upbringing, how my childhood was like and how I ended up being stuck in this city.

"I would love to come and see where you live." That sentence pulled me out of my thoughts as I looked at her, a bit dumbstruck.

I lived on my own in a tiny apartment, so it wouldn't be so much of a problem. I just simply grew self-conscious of showing Ariana, who most likely had a huge estate in a scenic place, my little apartment with almost barely any furniture inside of it.

"Yooooo. You need to come back down from wherever you are." Ariana waved a hand in front of me from across the desk as she giggled.

I shook my head realising that I had spaced out yet again on her.

"My apartment is really tiny." Was the only thing I could utter.

This sounded like the stupidest of excuses.

"And? I don't see how that is a problem?" She asked very confused. I found that I was also confusing myself as to why I thought that would have been a good excuse.

"Oh, Well aal-alright..I guess."

That came out wrong and ended up sounding as if I was uninterested. This caused her to frown slightly, slightly drop her head and look at her fingers, with which she was nervously playing with.

"Don't sound too excited there." She softly mumbled, not looking up.

I felt the hurt. I felt bad for having what I said come out that way.

I got up from my chair and made my way to her. I crouched down so that I could meet her gaze, which she had still not detached from her fingers.

"Hey look, I'm sorry. I did not mean for it to sound so uncaring or rude. I would love for you to come over. I think I just got a bit nervous because...and I know you won't judge or anything...but I just got self-aware of the fact that I'll just show you a shitty apartment. I mean it's cold there half of the time since the heating system is fucked, so you'll probably have to bring a really warm sweater. The main staircase also looks disgusting, the walls are pretty thin so you literally hear everything and then ther-"

Her lips interrupted my unnecessary rambling.

I seriously would never get tired of kissing her. She put my mind at ease and all my worries and doubts went away.

"What time do you usually wake up?" She said as she pulled back from our kiss. It took me a few seconds to get my mind back together as I stood up in front of her. She managed to grab a hold of my hand and squeezed them tight as our fingers interlaced.

"Uhm, anywhere in between 5-6pm usually. I can always arrange to wake up earlier for you." The last statement made her break into a wide smile.

"I want you to come to the studio with me. I need to record later today and I would love if you could be there with me. I want you to hear a song or two."

I felt very flattered that she was inviting me to hear her record. I had never done anything that exciting in my life and I was not about to let that opportunity slip. Especially if she was also letting me get an exclusive peak at of her songs for her next album.