Chapter 12

The second floor of the hotel was empty, therefore we could make noise in that hallway without having to worry about any complaints.

Ariana was sitting on the bellhop's luggage trolley, ready for me to run through the corridor with it and her on it.

"I have always wanted to do this." She said amused.

"So have I! Do you know how tempting it is to have this thing in front of you and you can't do anything about it?" I suddenly realised that was pretty much the situation I was in, not with the trolley but with Ariana. Well, I could do something about it...

"Oh I do." I suddenly wondered if she was still talking about the trolley or if she had the same idea as me.

Time. To. Shut. Up. Mind.

I found myself dumbstruck just looking at her. I have had such an urge to kiss her since yesterday evening. But she said it, it was going way too fast. I already felt so lucky being able to have these moments with her as a friend that I did not want to jeopardise this with a kiss.

"Are you ready?" She pulled me out of my thoughts. I could only smile at her to try and mask where my mind had just gone.

"Ready for luggage delivery Ms Grande?" I said as I gripped my hand on the brass bars of the trolley and started running forward down the corridor.

She laughed with excitement, like a child would laugh in a tickle fight. This is what I wanted to be able to do everyday, make her laugh, make her smile, make her happy.
My feelings were growing and getting harder to avoid or deny.

We reached the end of the very long corridor in under a minute, passing by some rooms and some event spaces. At the end of the corridor was a big round room designed for event purposes. I steered the trolley into the room and proceed to run around in circles inside of the room.

We were both just laughing and being silly for a few more minutes until Ariana asked me to stop.

"Oh my fucking God, I'm so fucking dizzy." Ariana said still laughing.

"Why hello there, fellow sailor." I joked which made her laugh more.

She got off the trolley and stumbled a bit side to side from being dizzy. I laughed at her cuteness, it felt as though for this split second, everything she was sad or worried about was just gone.

She ended up bumping into me and my arms instinctively reached out for her, in case she was going to fall. I found myself holding on to Ariana's waist. Her laughing slowly died down as she replaced it by staring at me again. She noticed our proximity and the position we were in which caused her to blush. I was still holding on with my arms around her waist but she was not trying to get away.

I felt her lean into me slowly and my body reacted the same. I could now feel her breath close to me and my heart started to race out of control.

Her lips crashed onto mine as she closed her eyes immediately once the kiss began. We were moving our lips in perfect synchronicity. I felt the passion in her kiss and pulled her closer. As our lips kept moving together, I felt her arms come up and wrapped themselves around my neck pulling me deeper into the kiss.

 Feeling her lips on me and her body pressed again mine was the most wholesome feeling I had felt in years.

After what felt like hours, we both pulled away needing to catch our breath. Ariana's cheeks had become so flushed and I felt my cheeks also burning.

"Wow." Was all I could say and Ariana smiled.

"I know right." Her arms were still wrapped around my neck and she had started to play with what she could reach of my hair. I was also very much aware of the fact that I was still holding her tight.

We suddenly heard coughing from the entrance of the event room which caused us to separate from each other and turn our attention to whoever was interrupting our moment.