Chapter 23

"Quick! Notify Yao Qian," Yao Si shouted, gripping Qu Ze's collar with one hand. Her patience had completely evaporated and she didn’t want to stay with this troublemaker any longer.

"I'm afraid I can’t." Qu Ze waved the hand that was covered in flower mucus innocently. "Other than the ability to digest, this flower’s juice also probably has the function of blocking out signals." Besides, he didn’t have that man’s contact number anyways.

"Then what should we do?" Surely that wasn’t to stay here and be digested by the flower.

"Set your heart at ease, your highness," he replied carelessly. "The Gluttony can't digest bloodlings, soon it will realize we're not delicious and will spit us out."

"..." Next time say such things earlier!

Oh, the tired heart! Ever since Yao Si got involved in the civil war of the bloodlings as an innocent bystander, she had never been this tired. Yellow haired people were certainly no good folks.

This time Qu Ze hadn’t lied to her. After two hours being trapped inside the bud, Gluttony, as expected, opened up with a "wah", vomiting the two people covered in mucus out. A root even extended from the ground to push them away in disgust.

After being released, Yao Si turned on the optical computer on her hand at the first opportunity, wanting to get in contact with either Yao Qian or Yan Xuan. However, no matter how many times she clicked on their contact number, there was no response.

What's happening? Did the optical computer break?

"Oh, so the messages were not blocked by the flower juice!" Qu Ze face was full of amusement, his energy showing no signs of him being anxious, on the contrary, he seemed to be slightly excited. "It looks like the magnetic field of this forest is quite special."

"What about your particle transmitter?" Yao Si asked. "Transport us again." A shower when they got back would be good, she really couldn’t stand this body-full of mucus.

"Huh, didn't I tell you?" The bloodling was alarmed. He took out the box, which he had previously showed her, and chucked it away randomly. "Particle transmitters are single use."

"..."

Hell!

Yao Si took a deep breath, she really wanted to have a cow 1 now.

"Then what should we do?" They didn’t know their own location and they couldn’t get in contact with anyone.

"It seems we can only wait on the spot! Or..."

"Or what?" Maybe he has an idea?

"According to the designated distance of the particle transmitter, the transported distance wouldn't exceed two hundred thousand kilometers. So we could try to..." He paused, then said each word out with a rare seriousness, "Walking. Back!"

"...Goodbye!" Yao Si turned and left. If she ever believed in this lunatic again, then she was an idiot, two hundred thousand kilometers! That was enough to freaking travel through half of the Earth, all right?

"Eh, ancestor where are you… Ancestor, your highness!"

Yao Si honestly hadn’t thought that there would be such an odd man among the bloodlings. Other people would only cheat their father, yet he would deceive his ancestor. What was even worse was that once he got stuck onto you, you couldn’t get rid of him, being unlucky to this level was quite impressive.

However, soon Yao Si realized what it really meant to dig a hole for your ancestor to fall in. It was hard to say if Qu Ze had his luck set to negative when he was born, but he was either eaten by a flower, grabbed by a tree, or captured by an unknown bird all the time.