Chapter 17

Outside the village was a vast forest. Perhaps it was for the sake of making it easier for the newbies, but the trees weren't very tall, you could faintly see paths running between them. Occasionallythere would be hustling in the grasspatches, and soon a little hopping creature would jump out.

No wonder it was a beginnermission, it was that simple, you could find the creature of the mission in no time. Yao Si had sharp eyes and quick hands, she hurried over and grabbed the bunny on the ground and began to seek the next one.

In less than ten minutes time, Yao Si had caught two. Only then did she return to the village, heading straight towards the butcher stall.

She placedthe two thumping bunnies onto the chopping board of the owner!

The owner of the butcher stall, Qin just stared at her.

He gazed at the two poor hares in speechless dismay for ten seconds."Cl...Client, what do you mean?" Why was she giving him hares?

Yao Si stayed quiet.

So there's progress on the storyline, wonder what rewards will be given for two hares?

Qin was blank for a while, then looked up atthe other person's nameandsuddenly understood."Oh, so my client you have been affected with the "Venom of Kindness" and require cultivation to build on virtue. Then I shall accept these hares. Thank you my client!" As an intelligent NPC, owner Qin immediately guessed what the person intended.

He then tuckedthe haresunder the chopping table.

Waiting for the reward, Yao Si did not say anything.

Huh, whatshappening? Why isn't there any reward for finishing the mission, were these hares not enough? But the person just then gave two as well!

Yao Si was a little confusedand tried to recallthe games that she had played in detail. Was this a repetitive mission? Were the harenumber random each time?

Yes, this must be it.

Understanding the key to everything, Yao Si decided to go back and continue hunting hares.

"Hold on, my client!" Owner Qin finally remembered something."Give me back my certificate of honor that you took before!"

Unfortunately, Yao Si had already walked out of the village without paying any heed to him again.

"..."

Yao Si spent an hour catching five hares and once donefinally carried them back.

She placedthe objective plaque and the hares onto the NPC's table. Thistime it definitely had to beenough.

"My certificate of honor!" Owner Qin jumped up and hugged the wooden plaque, letting out a long breath. "My client,you scared me to death. I planned to pass this certificate of honor down the generations. Your "Venom of Kindness" was not serious, it couldbe easily unbound, why bother joshingme."

He collected the hares on the table while pouring a cup of tea and passing it over. "Tired? Here here, drink a cup of tea to quench the thirst."

Yao Si who understood nothing took the cup of tea into her hands.

Was thisthe reward of the mission?

Just as expected, the missions in the newbievillage were so cheap! Nevertheless, itwasnttoo bad to kill some time before the school teacher took her out of the game.

Soshe drank the cup of tea, turned and headed to the woods again to continueher hare-catching.

She wasnt sure if it was just an illusion, but she kept feeling like after she drank that cup of tea, her entire body had become lighter. The sense of heaviness that appeared after the red-named boy had left suddenly was gone.