I Am There For You

The next morning it was all silent between us. We did not meet each others eyes, at the breakfast he seemed busy with paperworks and I as usual started cleaning the kitchen. Somehow I just wanted everything to return normal someway or the other. He had his stern look on his face and seemed not to get distracted. Today was Ally’s Meeting and so everybody who were on higher posts seemed to be busy with the preparation. I was assigned to watch over the nursery for Lady Asberg who was to attend the meeting.

I went back to dining room to find Dallas long gone. I sighed as I cleared the table. If this would go on I wouldn’t survive for sure. I wiped the unshed tears from my eyes and tried to finish the chores as I had to hurry for the nursery.

I had my jacket on as the weather grew much chillier. I walked past the meeting ground where people were settled for the meeting and waiting for the allies to come. I saw Dallas at the middle of the pack council talking something with Elder Gareth. I  looked at him trying to press the pain in my heart. The one who could not be mine was my mate. The realization made my chest hollow.

His eyes suddenly met mine which made me gasp loudly and blush like crazy. I turned my eyes on the ground and walked away from there. My thumping heart made it even difficult to suppress the blush. I walked towards the nursery patting my cheeks with my cold hands. I opened the door and found Faro boiling water in the small kitchen that Lady Asberg had. I stared at him as he did with a shocked look.

Faro turned his back on me and started making tea, I sighed and folded my arms to keep myself warm.

“ Faro, How are you?”

“ I am fine....... what about you?” he said finally turning towards me and giving me this guilty look.

“ Something happened Faro? What is it?” I asked.

He shook his head and finished making tea. I did not ask further sensing that he did not want to talk. I went to check the thermostat of the nursery to keep it warm, the pups seemed to be sleeping even the triplets. I checked their food and diapers.

Faro came in the nursery giving me a cup of tea too. He smiled gently and sat beside me.

“ You were assigned by Lady Asberg too?” I asked.

He shrugged. “ Its better than washing dirty dishes.” I chuckled and nodded.

“ How are you dealing with this mating?” he asked making me cringe.

“ Its not as easy as you think.” I said. He sighed and sipped his tea.

“ That night....” he said making me look at him. “Hank....was telling me how disgusting you and I were.”

“ I tried to defend us but you know how Hank is. He threatened me and was trying to beat me but suddenly he- he-he...” he was sobbing after that. I patted him on the back not knowing what had happened.

“ Did he hurt you?” I asked quietly.

He shook his head. “ He kissed me... I don’t know why.... but I kissed him back.”

“ You mean....” I tried to analyze.

He looked at me and nodded, sniffing with red eyes.

“ He felt the bond, he couldn’t believe that.” he whimpered. “ He was questioning me about it that you came...”

I felt sorry for him, we both were in a same situation where we could not get out.

“ He has been trying to talk to me but I am scared, Nyle.” He said in a low voice. “ He maybe wants to kill me or something.”

“ Faro, I am really sorry.”