Confrontations are hard

I sneezed as a whoosh of dust past through me. The day was rather cold and chilly so I had my sweater on. Tomorrow was Ally meeting in our pack and people had already begun the preparation. Faro was not talking to me very properly but he would give me a small glance or a small hi whenever we passed each other. I did not understand his behaviour but I had my own problems to solve so decided to confront him later. As Dallas had said he was not home for the whole night.

The house was as empty as an abandoned one. I had did my chores early in the morning and washed his laundries. Somehow being alone there did not feel right so I had gone to do my work as a youngling should do. Dallas as always had assigned everyone for their works before going....wherever he went. I was again given to do my work that was to sweep the dining ground which could easily make me pass the time. Faro was assigned to cleaning the pack kitchen so there was no way I could get any contact with him.

The dust was making me sneeze again. I sighed. The whole thing of being mate of an Alpha was making me dizzy and unrealistic. I could not sleep the whole night in Dallas’s house knowing that he would be in the upper room sleeping. When I somehow got to sleep and had forgotten to bring a blanket or anything, I started to feel the cold seeping into my body but then after a while I felt warmth and comfort all of a sudden but I was succumbed into deep sleep and could not even open my eyes. In the morning I found myself in Dallas’s bed alone.

I knew that he brought me up last night and I could not deny the fact that he cared about me. I smiled as a warm wave of joy and happiness sheered into my body once again knowing that my mate at least cared for me.

“ Daydreaming I see.” A voice said startling me out of the trance. I yelped as I looked back to see Gareth the Elder smiling at me.

“ Elder?!!” I shrieked covering my ears which were as red as a tomato. He laughed softly and patted on my head.

“ I am sorry, I don’t mean to intrude but there is a small message from our Alpha.” He said as he pulled me aside from the workers.

“ Message?” I asked.

“ He might be coming home late again and has asked not to worry.” He said with a sad smile. I nodded.

Maybe my face had shown some frown that might have indicated the Elder that I was not happy to receive the message. After a long and awkward silence, he cleared his throat and said, “ If you are free today how about help Lady Asberg with the pups, I have heard she needs some help.”

Lady Asberg was one of the oldest wolves in our pack, she has nurtured and taken care of every single wolf when they were pups in our pack. Even me. When a baby is born in a wolf species whether they are werewolves, they are always born in a form of a pup. Which makes thing uncomfortable for a mother to feed or take care of the babies. I have really been fond of her since I was small. She is kind and ready to help. Her medicinal recipies are wondrous, nobody knows where she gets the ingredients. She is also one of the Elders in our pack who is wiser and ready to guide us.

I nodded and went to Dallas’s home to take some rest before going to Lady Asberg’s headquarters.

The house smelled of Dallas’s scent and somehow being a mate made me squirm from inside of my body. He WAS my mate and with the help of Elder Gareth I wasn’t giving up so easily.

Maybe somehow he may accept and love me as his mate. As I have come to accept him.

                         *****************************************************

I opened the door and smiled when I was Lady Asberg doing some paper work on her writing desk.

“ Lady, excuse me for intrusion.” I said making her turn and smile. She put her glasses down and came towards me.