30| I'm genuinly concerened, November

ADAM BANKS laughed as he stood along happily with Charlie, Averman, Guy, and Jesse. It had been about a month since the Ducks won the playoffs and the win was still what almost everyone talked about.

As for Adam, he tried to keep his mouth shut about the game as much as he could. He didn't want to be the type to boast about all the wins he has.

Currently, the team was meeting up to wait for Bombay and bid him goodbye before his trip to tryouts in the minors. All they were waiting for were the girls and Peter, Karp, and Tommy.

Adam couldn't help but notice how frequent Guy, Averman, and Charlie we're checking to see if Connie and Nova we're there yet. He, despite seeing November every single day, hadn't talked to the girl as much as she was quite busy since her brother came home to visit. He would talk to her at school but otherwise, not so much. Unfortunately, he hasn't seen her at school for the past two days and he was surly glad to be seeing her soon.

Adam snapped out of his thoughts as Charlie laughed loudly at something Jesse said. Charlie opened his mouth to speak before he was hit on the shoulder by Guy. Charlie furrowed his eyebrows and snapped his attention to where Guy was looking, Causing Averman to do the same.

Adam glanced over and saw Nova with her tied in a braid. She wore a pair of jeans with a plain white long sleeve shirt and a purple and black ravens soccer wind breaker. She had her last name written on the back with a number ten.

Connie was walking along with her, whispering something under her breath. Nova nodded and sniffled as she scratched her nose with the sleeves of her wind breaker overlapping her wrists. She held the hem of each sleeve with her fingers as she wiped her nose.

Suddenly, Guy, Averman, and Charlie rushed towards the two. He watched as Guy engulfed her into a hug, making the two stop in their tracks. Charlie rubbed her back as Averman stood there and pushed his glasses up awkwardly. Guy let go and wrapped his arm around Connie before giving Nova a concerned look.

Averman wrapped his arm around her as did Charlie. Adam saw them ask her something before she nodded and gave them a halfhearted smile.

The group walked towards Adam and Jesse as did the rest of the team. They all watched as Bombay came towards the team with a bright smile and open arms.

Nova tugged on her sleeves as she stood between Averman and Charlie. She bit the inside of her cheek and put on a smile as she watched their beloved coach go along the line and talk to each player.

"and for God sakes," Averman smirked as he shook Bombay's hand, "soft hands."

"right" Bombay laughed lightly.

He walked along and stood in front of Nova. She looked up at him and smiled half heartedly. "hey coach," She began as she scrunched up her nose for a second, "give 20% times five and you'll do just fine"

Bombay shook her hand and chuckled. "Alright Collins"

Nova gave a smile as he walked on and moved onto Charlie. She zoned out a bit but she could make out the fact that Bombay gave him a hug and kissed Miss Conway as everyone gave out cheers.

Nova was snapped out of her thoughts as the entire team huddled in and crowded the previously kissing pair. Averman cheered as he wrapped an arm around her and Adam, who was now slightly in front of Averman

Everyone patted Bombay's back as he walked off towards the doors of the bus. She smiled as he walked on and the doors closed behind him. Averman was screaming in Nova's ear as Charlie hit him on the arm that was wrapped around the girl.

November rolled her eyes and grabbed both their chins and turned them to see the doors of the bus where Bombay stood again.

"hey ducks!" He called out to them, "no matter what happens... i'll see you next season! we've got a title to defend."