20| Mr Banks, is that even a question?

ADAM BANKS glided along the frozen lake he knew so well. He had a smile plastered on his face as he shot the puck, making it soar to the net.

He wasn't going to admit it now, but he liked being with the ducks. After the game yesterday, he finally understood why Nova liked it so much. He wasn't sure if he liked it more than he liked the hawks but that's probably because he played for the Hawks all his life before going to the Ducks. Except, There was just something about the ducks that made it feel so good to play on the ice with them- nobody knew what it was yet but they knew that it felt good.

"i heard you and the little duckies are going to playoffs!" A voice hollered at Adam, snapping him out of his peaceful moment.

Adam dropped his stick on the ice quickly before snapping his attention behind him. He saw McGill walking towards him with smirk and surprisingly, Larson wasn't with him.

"yeah," Adam said with a smile before picking his stick back up, "maybe we'll play against you guys in the finals"

McGill scoffed and shoved his hands into his pockets, "you really think you and those- what could i call them... spazes! would make finals?"

Adam hid his slightly hurt expression with a laugh, "well i'd hope so... the team is actually pretty good. Nova-"

"have you gone soft, Banks? I didn't think you'd be the type. Probably from hanging out with Collins. That girl never belonged with our type of people"

Adam let out a sharp exhale before furrowing his eyebrows, "Our type? what's that even suppose to mean?"

"oh come on!" McGill laughed, "you know what I mean! she's loaded sure, but you gotta admit, she's just like those losers from Minneapolis, St. Paul, Still Water-"

"so you're basically saying she's just like those losers in district 5 territory?"

"yeah!"

Adam shook his head and skated towards McGill slowly, "at least their not like those stupid goons on the Hawks team... or maybe i'm just referring to you.."

"hey!" McGill snapped back. He approached Adam and placed a finger on his chest, "you used to be one of us before you grew soft and fell in love with that Collins girl!"

"Hey shut up will you! i'm not in love with her! we're friends McGill!" Adam said bitterly, "its not like you'd understand that anyway... Having friends."

"no, you're just plain boring Banks! you used to be cool. Now you're just a loser like Collins"

Adam scoffed, "i'd rather be a loser then be friends with you."

Adam shoved past McGill and skated towards the bench that held his belongings. McGill rolled his eyes and turned to say something to Banks but Adam beat him to it.

"and her name is November, McGill! Stop referring to her as just Collins. She way more than just a 'Collins'"

      NOVEMBER was sprawled out on her bed as Connie leaned against the backboard with her legs crisscrossed. Nova was currently throwing a soft rubber hockey puck up in the air as she stared up at the ceiling.

"Wonder if we'll win playoffs.." Connie thought out. Nova shrugged and glanced at her best friend.

"I feel like we've got a good chance," Nova said, "especially with Adam on the team"

"yeah, he's real good... except-"

Connie stopped and looked down at her fingers. Nova furrowed her eyebrows, still looking up at the ceiling, "except what?"