22| All flustered?

NOVEMBER gaped at the stadium ahead of her. Connie was shaking her arm repeatedly as Nova kept her eyes glued on the building.

The group of hockey players talked and laughed amongst themselves as Bombay locked his car and stood in front of the group in the parking lot.

"Alright!" Bombay said as he clapped his hands together and silenced the group, "lets head inside!"

Everyone nodded as November just stood there in awe. Guy and Connie had to lead her along as she wasn't paying attention to anything.

Connie tugged on her left arm as they walked though the door. Nova nearly walked into the wall as Guy struggled to keep her walking in a straight line. Connie shooed him off and signalled that she'd handle it as she rolled her eyes at him and lead Nova to follow the team.

"sheesh" Guy whispered to himself as he stood back from the annoyed Connie.

He heard a chuckle from beside him as he walked along. Quickly, Guy snapped his attention towards his right and spotted Adam Banks looking ahead with a smile on his face.

"what?" Guy asked as he walked with Adam.

The blonde boy looked at the slightly shorter boy and shook his head while he let out another chuckle. Adam shrugged and looked ahead again. "nothing.." He said, "just funny seeing her like that"

"C-Connie?" Guy asked instantly with a bit of fear laced in his voice, "you know, if you like her... I- I just suggest you move on... Uh- she.."

Adam shook his head rapidly and gave Guy a reassuring smile, "no no no! i'm not talking about Connie! It's just funny seeing Nova like this... all- all.. i don't know... Flustered?"

Guy furrowed his eyebrows and Adam glanced to his side. Both boys looked at each other in silence before breaking out into smiles.

They walked along and caught up with the group, standing between Connie, who stood with a tired expression, and Nova, who stared at upfront with a dreamy expression.

Guy and Adam exchanged glances quickly before looking out towards the ice rink in front of them.

Connie looked to her left and saw Guy with the same expression as Nova. A smile grew onto her face before she looked past him and looked over at Adam.

Adam was looking at he rink as well but Connie was able to catch a moment where he glanced beside him, over to Nova with a small grin on his face.

He nudged her side lightly, causing her to snap out of her trance. She looked up at him with wide eyes, excitement visible in them. His smile grew ever so slightly as she grinned widely before looking back out onto the ice.

"Hey Gordo!" A voice greeted as November's jaw dropped at the two North Star players standing ahead of her, "Gordon Bombay, right?"

"you remember me?" Bombay said as he shook the players hand. Nova was internally screaming as her jaw was dropped and she squeezed the thing nearest to her. Somehow, that thing was Adam's arm and he smiled down at her as she squealed and jumped up and down a little.

"yeah, from peewees!" The player said before turning to the player beside him, "this guy use to rule peewees!"

"oh yeah?" The other player said, "i heard you were a farmer"

"actually, i'm a lawyer," Bombay shrugged, "but i'm coaching Peewee now and this is my team the ducks. Ducks, this is Basil McRae and Mike Modano"

Nova squealed even louder and gripped Adam's arm tighter as the entire team let out snarky and sarcastic remarks.

"alright, alright" Bombay chuckled

"hey ducks," Basil McRae began, "listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about."

He looked around at the team before looking at Bombay, Giving him a nod. "if you ever want a shot, Let me know. I'll get you a tryout in the minor-league clubs."

Bombay smiled and shook his hand, "thanks"

"No problem," Basil said before walking off, "hey, nice seein ya."

Mike Modano gave him a nod and smile. "take it easy" He said before following Basil.

November was still in shock but her grip from Adam's arm had loosened. Her mouth was still agape as she watched the two players walk off. She sighed dreamily and leaned on Adam's shoulder for support. Adam looked down at her and chuckled at her dorkiness as Connie and Guy looked at the two with big smiles plastered on their faces.

"Alright!" Bombay exclaimed, Snapping Nova out of her trance, "Let's have some fun!"

The team cheered and followed Bombay onto the ice. Guy and Connie let out chuckles as they passed by Nova, who was still starstruck, and Adam. Guy gave him an apologetic look laced with a smile as he walked by and patted Adam on the shoulder.

Adam looked back and nodded at the two before looking back down at the brunette girl he was holding up.

"Nova," He chuckled as he nudged her slightly, "Come on, Nova"

November blinked and smiled before looking up at Adam. She stood up straight and squealed. "I can't believe what just happened!"

"i can tell.." Adam chuckled as he slung his arm around her shoulder, leading her onto the ice.

The two laughed as they walked along the ice towards Guy and Connie, who were lacing up their skates. Nova left Adam's side and she sat beside Connie.

Guy skated up to Adam and gave him a wink before skating off towards Charlie, Averman and Peter. Adam furrowed his eyebrows and walked towards the bench where Nova and Connie sat. The two girls were laughing about something as he sat down.

"Oh hey Banks!" Connie greeted between laughs as Nova gave a wave.

"Uh.. hey?" He said awkwardly with a smile as he put on his skate.

The two girls calmed down and sighed before looking back at each other, laughing hysterically.

Adam laced his right skate and sat up. He glanced to his side, catching a glimpse of Nova as she had a big smile plastered on her face. She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as she laughed. Her eyes were nearly shut as she shook her head in laughter.

Adam couldn't help but smile as he leaned back down to tie his other skate. He pulled the strings and sighed contently as he listened to the laughter of the two girls, making his smile grow by the second.

brynn speaks !

guys i seriously need suggestions! i feel like this fan fiction is too short and i gotta have at least 30 chapters before i move onto book 2... please... i beg of youuuu

✌🏻