10| Top of the Morning to You, Conway

EVENTUALLY the group of friends all went to go hang out at Charlie's house. Since it was Friday, the five didn't have to worry about much things except the Bombay issue. Charlie was still a bit bummed out about the situation but Averman always made a snarky remark when Charlie was sad.

Around 7:00, Guy and Averman had already gone home and Nova's mom was picking up the girls. The two were having a sleepover, as always...

The two girls bid their goodbyes to Charlie as they made it out the door. Nova spotted her mother on the other side of the road while another, familiar looking car pulled up behind her.

"What the.." Connie whispered, "is that Coach?"

The two walked up to Mrs Collins car and Nova glanced over to the car behind them as she grasped the handle.

She furrowed her eyebrows as she saw the same dirty blonde haired man that her entire team was furious with. He nodded and smiled in their direction while Connie and Nova stared at him before entering the car.

"What's he doing at Charlie's?" Connie asked as the two peaked through the window, staring at Bombay as he approached the Conway apartment.

"I don't know," Nova said, "but i know Charlie won't be happy to se him..."

Nova woke up as the bright light crept through her window. Connie was sprawled out on the floor with all blankets wrapped around her. She must've fallen out of bed, Nova thought. She decided to wake up her sleepy friend as she threw a pillow at her sat on her stomach.

"Up and at em' Moreau!" Nova yelled in between laughs as Connie struggled to get up.

"get off me you Elephant" Connie whined as she pushed Nova off. Nova furrowed her eyebrows for a minute before playfully slapping Connie.

"Ha Ha.." She remarked as she got up and went down to her living room. As always, Nova had no clue where her parents were or what they were doing. At this point, she didn't care much.

Connie went over to Nova's couch and opened the wide window above it. She looked outside to see lots of large houses with fancy cars.

"Ugh," Connie said, "You're neighbourhood is so nice!"

Nova scoffed as she grabbed some toast and put it into the toaster. She walked out of her kitchen and leaned against the doorframe that lead to the living room.

"It's not all that good," Nova said, "I have no friends here to hang out with..."

"Oh come on... How about Dani?"

Nova shook her head, "Dani lives four blocks away from me... too far"

Connie nodded her head and looked back out the window. She furrowed her eyebrows as they heard a series of sounds at the same time. Someone was knocking at the door and the phone was ringing.

"I'll get the door." Connie said as Nova grabbed the phone. It was Charlie.

"Top of the morning to you, Conway"

"Hey Nova... I'm with the boys and you'll never guess what happened last night!"

"Oh my god!" Nova realised, "Coach came to your house right?! what happened!?"

"thats what i was just going to talk about! is Connie with you?"

"yeah.. She just getting-"

"NOVA!" She heard Connie call, "come here!"

"oh... uh ok... How about you guys come over right now and tell us in person.. I got to go Charlie... Bye!"

Nova quickly put the phone down before jogging over to the door. She was just about to see who was there before she was stopped by a confused looking Connie. Nova furrowed her eyebrows and passed by her best friend before seeing who was at the door.

"Con, Why do you look so confused... Who's at the-"

"Hey" a soft voice said as she Nova snapped her attention forward. She and Connie stood in front of the door as she spotted two bright blue eyes staring at her. She looked up at him slightly since he was a bit taller and widened her eyes.

"A-adam... Hey..."

Nova tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as she pulled down her hoodie sleeves to cover her hands.

"How can i help you?" Nova asked quietly

"I- i don't know actually..." He said quietly, looking down at his shoes.

Connie and Nova glanced at each other before looking back at Adam.

"look," Adam began after a little silence, "I- I wanted to talk to you about what happened the other day... after the hawks game.."

"Go on.." Connie said for Nova

Adam looked at her and nodded before looking back at Nova, "I'm sorry about Larson and McGi-"

"Geez Averman! Lose the rocks will you!" The three heard in the distance. All snapped their attention over to the end of the road to see Averman, Guy, and Charlie skating over to Nova's house while occasionally stopping to throw snowballs at each other.

"That wasn't me! It was Guy!" Averman yelped as the three watched Averman skate faster to get away from as furious Charlie. Guy was slowly skating behind them as if he knew what was about to happen. Averman fell in front of Nova's driveway and Charlie couldn't stop so he flew and landed over top of him. Guy had stopped as laughed at the two as they groaned at each other.

Charlie glared at Averman before looking up and spotting the three looking at him. He sent a small smile and wave in Nova and Connie's direction before stopping and furrowing his eyebrows when seeing Adam. He roughly got up and walked up to the door. Averman did the same while Guy followed behind with a slightly scared expression.

"what are you doing here?" Charlie said bluntly. Adam stares down at his shoes and twiddling his thumbs.

Nova sighed and squeezed Charlie's arm, causing him to look at her. She shook her head 'no' before letting go and looking at Connie.

"Uh, He was just getting a hockey puck that he accidentally shot at the window... Luckily nothing broke" Connie said with a fake smile. Adam nodded and looked up at Nova. He quietly apologised before walking off.

Charlie and Averman gave the two girls a knowing look before Guy stepped in between the group to break the growing tension.

"Come on guys... Charlie had some news"

Charlie smiled and nodded before walking into Nova's house. The five sat in the living room. Charlie sat in front of the tv, crisscrossed while Guy leaned up against the bottom of the couch. Connie sat on the couch while Nova lay down and laid her feet on Connie. Averman sat on the couch armrest.

Charlie smiled, "Bombay is coaching us... like for real... in the good way"

Averman looked at him weirdly, "what?"

"yeah, charlie..." Guy added, "what?"

"well.. last night... Bombay has come by and apologised and said that he'd coach us- properly. He said it would be more fun this time around"

The confused expressions soon turned into happy ones as Guy and Averman began to ask questions with big smiles on their faces. Nova had gotten up and squirmed in her seat in happiness.

"really?!" Connie smiled

Nova smiled widely. a big part of her was happy and excited on finally being able to excel in hockey. Another part of her, however, were telling her something else. Things were changing. People were changing. Or maybe... Some people weren't who they said to be- or seem to be?