25| Averman, Saverman

NOVEMBER took a deep breath in before letting out a shaky exhale. She held her stick in her hand as she leaned over and got ready for the puck. It was their first game of playoffs against the Hornets.

Nova was at center with Connie and Guy at her sides. Bombay decided to put Charlie and Averman as defence, much to Charlie's dismay, as he thought those five had perfect chemistry.

The referee came along with the puck and looked at the two players. Nova narrowed her eyes at her opponent, trying to rattle them from their game as they looked at each other.

"ready?" The referee asked both of them. Nova nodded along with the Hornet player before the puck was dropped onto the ice.

The hornet got the puck but it took about 0.3 seconds for Nova to steal it and pass it back to Charlie.

She quickly turned around and swerved around the Hornet she had stolen the puck from. Somehow, this made them dizzy and lose their balance as He had fallen to the ground.

Charlie passed up the side over to Guy. In one swift motion, Guy passed to Connie as two players charged at him. That left Connie to bring the puck up until a defender was on her.

Nova skated behind Connie along with Averman. Quickly, The Connie got real close to the defender before pushing the puck through her legs and over to Nova.

Nova watched as two players came at her quickly, so the girl backhanded the puck back to Averman before she ducked, causing broth players to crash into one another and fall.

Nova managed to get out beneath them as she quickly skated to a spot near the middle of the goal, right by the goalie.

As one defender was busy recovering from his fall and the other was busy charging at Averman, Nova slapped her stick to the ground and hollered at her red headed friend to pass.

Averman snapped his attention up and quickly sailed the puck to Nova before he got checked to the ground by one of the Hornet players.

Nova cradled the puck and quickly turned to face the goalie. She lifted her stick as she was about to shoot before and slapped her stick to the ice. The goalie was faked as he thought Nova was up for a slap shot.

She quickly pushed the puck to the right as the goalie attempted to recover from Nova's trick. She flicked the puck in, making sail to the back of the net, just about hitting the back post.

"Yeah!" She cheered as Connie skated over and engulfed her into a big hug. Guy, Averman, and Charlie joined her as they all piled up on one another, nearly falling in the process.

The five subbed off as the second line went on.

"holy!" Coach cheered with a smile as they all sat to get water, "what kind of play was that!"

Averman grinned and pushed up his glasses after taking a long slug of water. "we call it the Averman, Saverman.." Averman smirked proudly, "it's really all about the wonderful assist that can only be made my the one and only Lester Averman"

Nova scoffed and smacked the back of Averman's head playfully. "shut up, Averman. No it's not," She laughed before looking up at coach, "we don't call it anything. That was just some random passes that orchestrated into a perfect play"

"well keep doing that," Coach smiled, "you five have brilliant chemistry"

The five watched as Bombay walked away before talking to one another. Nova sat down on the bench with Connie beside her. Somehow, as if the boys read their minds, they backed off and sat somewhere else knowing that this was their 'girl talk'