28| Did it go in?

THE SECOND period was just beginning as Nova sat on her bench with her head in her hands. Charlie sat beside her as he slugged his water and watched as Bombay talked and pumped up the team.

Nova didn't bother looking back into the stands again. There would be no use anyway. At this point, she was glad her parents didn't come to see the game as she was sure they'd lose- they were already down 3-0.

"Banks, Nova, Jesse," Bombay began, snapping Nova from her thoughts, "you're on. Averman, Charlie, back"

Everyone nodded and mumbled good luck to everyone who was stepping onto the ice. Anyone who saw Nova could tell 100% that her head wasn't on the game- except, everyone knew that the moment she'd step into the ice, she wouldn't fail to impress.

November skated to right of the circle with Jesse on the left. Adam was in the middle, as usual.

Nova looked at her skates as she waited for the hawks to come out of their bench. Adam glanced over at her and stared as he wondered what went through her mind.

The referee came beside him as McGill skated up to center. Adam swallowed the lump in his throat as he looked away from the girl and looked at the opponent ahead of him.

McGill gave a scowl and Banks couldn't help but look away as he waited for the puck to touch the ice.

The referee nodded and dropped the puck onto the ice, blowing his whistle shortly after.

McGill went straight at Adam, making sure he was falling to the ground before he passed back to his teammate.

"Back down to Strickler. Strickler up ahead, strickler passes... Taken by Conway..." The announcer said enthusiastically as Charlie had the puck.

Nova turned and faced at him, facing her back towards the player that was guarding her.

Charlie glided the puck up towards her as Nova made sure to keep her body between the player and the puck.

"#24, Collins, revives pass from Conway... turn or- no.. she gives a quick backhand to Banks in the center.."

Nova slightly lost her balance as she swiftly backhanded the puck towards Adam.

He received the puck and skated up on a breakaway. Nova quickly turned as she did so, making the player behind her fall to the ground.

Nova watched as Adam skated to the goal at high speed with McGill trailing behind him.

"Adam!" Nova began to warn as she saw Adam get closer to the goal with McGill behind him, "watch-"

Suddenly, McGill crosschecked Adam's back, making him fall over and slide all the way to post.

The crowd cheered as they heard the buzzer go off while the puck slid through the goalies legs and into the net.

Nova, however, couldn't as the moment McGill crosschecked Banks, Nova had already began making her way over.

"Adam?" Nova heard Larson say in a concerned tone as he took a knee next to Adam, "Adam are you okay?"

Nova furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Larson turn and scowl at McGill. "what'd you do?"

"My Job." McGill smirked. Nova grunted and immediately skated beside McGill and subtly but harshly shoved him over, making him fall to the ground.

She glanced to the side to see McGill growl and look up at her. She gave him a scowl. "whoops," She said harshly, "my accident."

McGill nearly charged at her if it weren't for the referees going and clearing the area. Nova stood there and watched as McGill was taken away and put into the penalty box.