CHAPTER 43

4 Months Later

Walking through LAX with an entourage, AKA my family and three best friends is quite the scene. The only person missing is Rob trailing along with his autograph book, and Starlien gear. Unfortunately, he and Monica had to stay behind. Monica had some early labor scares, so she's been on bed rest and Rob didn't want to leave her. She's doing much better but didn't want to take any chances.

I'm trying to hide from the paparazzi only for the fact that Max has no idea we're all here, only Stacy does. It's quite easy to escape anyone knowing I'm Lennox Taylor, but they are staring us all down for other reasons. It's LA, so seeing our crew shouldn't be such a shock. Maybe it's the fact that Dan and Walker are both wearing matching Hawaiian theme button down shirts with flower buds all over and matching kakis. It wasn't planned. Dan just showed up at our house in the same outfit. When we left New York, it was snowing, I guess the two of them couldn't wait for the warm weather. They walk through the airport with a strong confidence like they've been here before. Walker has, but Dan has no clue.

Dad and Elli are a few feet ahead of me. Elli's got on his cool new space themed headphones as we walk through the crowded airport. He did surprisingly well on the long flight and even made friends with a few random passengers. Maya and Alexa are by my side as we walk through together. Maya said she didn't want to stand next to Dan, and that the two of them looked like they stepped off the set of the movie The Hangover.

To keep myself hidden I'm dressed in Max's grey sweatshirt he gave me back in the summer, a black trucker's hat tipped downward, and big hollywood-esque shades. I'm starting to sweat, but I don't want the surprise ruined. There have been a few stares from the paparazzi, but I think Dan and Walker are enough of a distraction that when we walk by a group of guys with cameras, they don't even blink an eye.

Maya and Dan have never been to California before, so they were both thrilled when dad and I offered to pay for all of it. Recently I got the part of a girl named Sally in a new Netflix movie that's being filmed in New York. We are here in California to shoot some extra scenes and it worked out perfectly with our two-week winter break.

The four of us; Maya, Dan, Alexa, and I have been keeping this a secret since before Thanksgiving. Dan almost slipped a few times on our group skyping chats with Max. I almost did too during our private ones. Thankfully we all kept it under wraps and now we are headed to his house to surprise him. I sent Stacy a message the moment we landed and thankfully it was perfect timing since Max just came home from his shift at a local movie theater. He says it's nothing like Orbit, but he likes it. He and dad talk on the phone occasionally too about the new movies that have come out, and all about working in a theater.

Dan, Maya, and Alexa are in awe of the limo we get to drive around in for the next week and a half. Alexa has experienced the star treatment with me before, but the other two have not.

"I could get used to this," Dan says, leaning back in his seat.

Him and Maya are sitting up by the window where the driver is. He puts his hands behind his head and pretends to kick up his feet.

"Yeah, well don't. You'll never be famous with your cocky attitude," Maya says, in a joking way.

"Lennox can help me out, right?" Dan asks.

I roll my eyes at him. I've gotten used to his sense of humor, and once I got to know him, he's actually not a bad guy. He was behind setting up a huge Halloween birthday party for Maya. It's nice that he is no longer pining to be with me. He and Maya are the cutest couple I know. They are the ones that hold hands in the hallways and kiss at their lockers when they separate. It's been a long time coming for them.