33| Their Life

Wahaj's POV 

2 Weeks Later

"Joje, you can't hide in here forever!" Aisha argued as she chopped some fruit for her toddler in the kitchen that was beside the living room.

"Witness me doing it," I said as I sat on the sofa in the living room as I stared at my phone while she kept her unapproved gaze on me, and my attention was paid entirely on my phone that even the toddler wasn't in my radar.

He hasn't called, not even once.

"Hello," Aisha disrupted my thoughts, waving the knife she was using in front of my face.

"Jeez, be careful with that," I said, stirring my face away from the path of the object. "The result of the exam came two weeks ago, and he didn't send me my score. My birthday was a week ago, and I expected his message, but I received nothing, the check-up appointment was three days ago, and he didn't even bother to call about his baby." I disappointedly listed the circumstances, but Aisha hadn't said a word.

After a long silence, She huffed and sat next to me with the toddler in her arms. "You should go talk to the professor and stop acting like a child. You have been isolating yourself in here for the past two weeks, not even contacting your therapist, your grandmother, your father or your husband." Aisha listed the people that I wanted minimal contact with them.

"I begged my grandmother to let me in the house two weeks ago after my fight with the Professor, and she refused," I complained, "Which was weird considering I was her favourite before she found out I was married to the professor,"

Aisha didn't say a word as I glanced to her direction; she wasn't even paying attention to my conversation as she kept snuggling her three-year-old daughter, who Aisha was stealing fruit from her plastic plate.

I smiled, looking at them. Will I ever have this with it? A deep sigh escaped my mouth as I thought about the baby I was carrying, I was now twenty-one with no job, and a husband who I still hadn't talk to. I have a scholarship to a prestigious school that I could lose after my reset exam since I didn't remain my 3 GPA average, and it would end up by the end of this course below 2 with the grades I had.

The knocks on the door snapped me out of my reverie. Aisha usually just opens the door, but since she was playing with her daughter and didn't have her hijab on, I decided to open it. I wondered who it was as I approached the door.

I was surprised to see who walked in. "Hello Wahaj" Mrs Chamberlain, Dean chamberlain, started timidly, taking backward steps towards me.

The dean of the school, the woman who offered me a scholarship to her school and I worked as a maid in hers was standing on the door of my friend's house. It was weird, being this close to her in person. She was always kind to me to offer me a full scholarship to her school. She was paying for my therapy session. She made the professor give me a decent score on the other exam. She would always ask about how I was doing, but to come to the house that few people know I was in, was kind of unusual.