22| Getting To Know The Cat Person

Wahaj's POV

He opened his mouth and quickly closed it. He seemed to not been expecting this answer.

I pulled myself away from him, "So what are we going to do about this whole divorce thing?" I asked.

"I want to get this out of the way early, end it before it gets too complicated. I don't know if we signed a prenuptial or not, but I promise I don't want any of your stuff. And if I end up with any of it, I promise to give it back to you as soon as possible."

I was trying to make this easy for him. I knew divorce could be a touchy subject to most, but since Aunt Seren and Aunt Nour (Allah yarhamha) were divorced. Divorce was something we were acquainted with way too often, so it was okay with me to ask for it the way I did.

Or at least I did...

"I'm afraid I can't do that." He sighed.

I frowned. "What do you mean you can't – Ya Allah!" I screamed, and we both flinched, "tell me why we can't get a divorce,"

"The reason we can't get a divorce is that I don't believe in divorce." He flinched away as he waited for my reaction.

"The Prophet Muhammad stated that all the permitted acts divorce is most displeasing to God (Allah)" This was mesmerizing to hear from him.

I didn't even think he was religious or that religious.

He adds, "The Quran further says: "Live with them (your wives) on a footing of kindness and equity. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike something in which Allah has placed a great deal of good. and I view divorce as a last result, and we could seek counselling and extensive assistance to avoid divorce." He further explains that.

"You couldn't have told me this before we got married?" I groaned. I didn't retrieve if he did or not, but I was too sick to get angry.

"I told you in our third-night together after you said to me that you wanted the divorce," I felt cheated on as I don't even remember our first time together to remember what he said.

"I don't even remember our time together ?" I said in frustration after he refused to give me what I wanted.

"After we got married, I went to your room. We extensively talked about it, and after the third and fourth night together, we connected" This was the first time I noticed the Professor could blush from embarrassment as he says those words, unconsciously his cheeks became red.

I was a little embarrassed to ask this next question, but we were medical students I was used to it, "how many times did we have intercourse ?"

"four or five times," He says dismissively. "The last time we did, you disappeared, and your father kicked me out,"