33

"I can stay longer-"

"No! Go away!" Beomgyu shooed "I'll pick YOU up, I should be done before you are," Beomgyu says knowingly. Yeonjun smiles and kisses Beomgyu on his cheek and then heads off to dance practice. Beomgyu keeps a smile on his face, but as soon as the door shuts, it falters.

It had been a day since he met Taehyun, and Yeonjun hasn't brought it up. Beomgyu had tried asking about the boy but Yeonjun just said they were old friends.

A lot of things didn't make sense. The phone conversation he overheard, Taehyun suddenly appearing and Yeonjun acting suspiciously.

'Daniel ran away, and if Taehyun was an old friend that that means he's from Daniels old life.. his real life' Beomgyu thought to himself. 'Was he trying to get Daniel to go back home?'

He could ask Yeonjun but the boy knew how to answer questions without actually answering.

Beomgyu decides he'll worry about this after he runs his errands. He has to go shopping to get Jii new shoes and Yeonjun too, because both of the boys ran through the soles. Jii always running and climbing and now Yeonjun with his dancing.

He zips up his bright orange jacket and heads off to Main Street.

...

"How are you today young master?" Jae smiles at Taehyun, sitting across from him at a cafe booth.

"I'm fine, you're looking better" Taehyun notices that Jaes dark eye circles are beginning to lighten.

"Yes, I think I'm getting closer to finding Yeonjun" Taehyun shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"Oh yeah? That's a relief. I bet the queen is happy" 

"She doesn't know. I'm going to find him on my own" Taehyun wasn't suee how he felt about this news. He feels wrong from keeping all these secrets from the castle, he loved his country and his duties, this lying and sneaking goes against everything he believes in, but he promised both Yeonjun and Jae to not disclose any information.

"But why won't you tell her?"

Jae pulls on the lint on his sweater "I just... I don't think she deserves to know where he is"

"But he's her son" Taehyun says with a raised brow

"He's MY son" Jae quickly becomes defensive; rightfully so. He was the first one to hold Yeonjun, the one to give him his first bath, feed him, stayed up until ungodly hours to sing him to sleep. He taught the prince how to read and how to love.

"Yes... you're right" the prince isn't upset, he's understanding.

Jae immediately regrets raising his voice "Forgive my tone of voice young master"

"Don't apologize.. I really hope you find him soon.. if you do, what will you do?" Taehyun asks curiously.

Meanwhile, Beomgyu is passing by. He held a large bag that had two shoeboxes for his boys. He was going to the restaurant to cook something for Yeonjun when he gets out of practice.

He notices Taehyun in the window. It was easy to spot him, he stood out. The prince wore a green silk button-up shirt and black headband. He was sitting with a blonde man.

Beomgyu didn't know what he was doing, he wasn't thinking when he enters and walks to the booth.

"Hey, Taehyun!" Beomgyu greets.

Taehyuns' heart stops when he sees the boy standing next to the booth.

"H-hey what are you doing here?"