28

"One more time" Yeonjun begged.

"No way! We've already done it like 4 times! I'm tired" Beomgyu throws the blankets over his head.

"Pleeaaaasssee" Yeonjun whined as hell pried the covers off of Beomgyu. The curly-haired boy sighed and sat up.

"Just one more time"

"Of course"

Beomgyu clears is throat "Blackbird singing in the dead of night"

Yeonjun grabs Beomgyus hand and presses it against his cheek. His hands were cold and cooled down his hot face.

"Take these broken wings and learned to fly" Yeonjun sang his part

"All your life you were only waiting for this moment to arise" the two boys harmonized. The plan was to finish singing the song but they forgot everything once they made eye contact. It wasn't that they got lost in each other's eyes, in fact, they feel whole every second they're together.

"I won't be staying here tonight" Yeonjun begins, he notices Beomgyus eyes widen and his face frighten so he's quick to finish his words "but I'll be back tomorrow morning I promise"

"Where are you going?"

"With Soobin, we haven't hung out in a while so we're going to sleepover"

"Okay.." Beomgyu trails off, looking down at his hands. The prince cups his cheeks and lifts his head up.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing"

"I don't believe you"

"It's really nothing, I guess I'm just becoming too clingy. I'm sorry"

"I like clingy"

"That's what everyone says" Beomgyu rolls his eyes. Yeonjun kisses Beomgyu forehead softly.

Then, the oven timer went off.

"The cookies are done!" Yeonjun jumps off from the bed and turns to his boyfriend "you coming?" It was early morning, the sun hadn't quite risen but still made sure it would not be forgotten due to the blue light that was lighting the world and the inside of the room.

Yeonjun stood at the end of the bed in a black long-sleeved shirt and grey sweats. The dye in his hair was fading and his roots were growing out.

"I'll be there in a second, I'm going to put a shirt on first" Yeonjun nods understanding and goes to the kitchen to save the cookies from burning. Meanwhile, Beomgyu throws his legs to the side of the bed. His feet touching the cold ground and he buries his head and hands into his lap, breathing deeply.

He was trying to catch his breath. So much had happened the night before. After Yeonjun made it official between the two they laid in bed together all night. Somewhere along the way they baked cookies and sang all morning. Ever since Yeonjun heard Beomgyu sing that one day on their way to breakfast he had become obsessed with hearing him sing.

It was supposed to be beautiful, but the bandages on Beomgyus hands remind him of the truth. He's becoming dependent on Yeonjun, and it terrifies him. He had always been independent, taking care of himself and not needing anyone but himself. Now? He wasn't sure what he would do if he woke up one day to find Yeonjun home forever- actually scratch that, he knew exactly what he would do. It involves alcohol and self-destruction which he'd rather not think about.

Yeonjun in his life was beautiful. So beautiful that he's terrified to lose him.

"Here" Yeonjun throws the long black sleeve shirt he was wearing over Beomgyus head. The blue-haired boy goes over to the drawers and pulls out a black hoodie and puts it on.