1

"Oh my god, there you are! I was so worried! why are your clothes all dirty? you need to shower before you get sick" Jae cupped Yeonjuns face in his hands and inspected the younger boy with worried eyes. His eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Apa, I'm fine!" Yeonjun tried to convince the elder but failed to no avail. Jae pushed his glasses up and turned to Liam, his eyes cold and angry.

"Fired." He said towards the now ex-bodyguard. His teeth grit together while pointing an index finger at Liam so he knew his words were aimed at him.

"But-"

"FIRRREEEEDDDD!" Jae yelled; stomping his feet and balling his fists from anger. Liam didn't say anything else and ran off, scared for his life. Soobin watched from the doorway; his forehead and eyes (covered by thick framed oval glasses) only visible to those who actually noticed him. Which more often than no, nobody noticed him.

Jae turned back to look at Yeonjun; his angry expression gone and was replaced with a sweet smile and loving eyes. Jaes duality made Yeonjun shudder.

"Go shower, my love," Jae told the younger in a loving tone while stroking the young prince's hair back into place.

"Yes, Apa" Yeonjun bowed to his elder and headed to his room to get changed.

Jae was not Yeonjuns real dad or even a family member for the matter- he was though, Yeonjun's nanny. Yeonjuns parents, the King, and Queen of the country live at the main palace, while Yeonjun stayed at the Emerald Palace.

The day he was born, he was sent to live at his own palace. The King and Queen didn't see him as a son, only an heir. Jae was hired as the nanny and was the first one to hold Yeonjun. He was the one to hold Yeonjuns hand while teaching him to walk, he read bedtime stories to the younger, taught him manners. He raised him, and because of that Yeonjun sees him as a parent. Yeonjun grew up in secret, only having his staff to keep him company- and Soobin, but the boy was so socially awkward and full of anxiety that he was always hiding. Soobin was the Duke's son. He was sent to live here two months ago to keep Yeonjun company- at least thats what they told him. In reality, his family just couldn't handle his anxiety. So far he hasn't said a word to Yeonjun. He keeps his distance.

Yeonjun threw on a pair of pajamas and walked outside on his balcony. The prince ran the pads of his fingers over the railing of the balcony before he leaned on it, resting his elbows on the railing while his palms hung out over the open area. All he could see was the large lake and trees. The splashes calmly hitting each other in a soothing way. The sun was barely beginning to set, and soon the sky would be decorated in soft warm hues of orange, pink, yellow, and purple.

The prince let out a deep sigh and dropped his head

The prince let out a deep sigh and dropped his head. He took deep breathes momentarily before looking up at the sky again. He watched as a flock of birds flew over him. Yeonjun envied them. He wishes he was like them. He wished he had wings; if he did he would trust his wings to take him wherever he wished.