T H E B O N D I N G

Kaylee dragged me to her room but also showed me around the house in the way. The house was elegantly decorated and screamed 'you could never'. Finally stopping inside a room, she proudly stated "And this is my room.

I felt my jaw dropping since the rich lifestyle never ceased to amaze me.

"It's beautiful." I muttered in a daze as I observed the soft colors that were splattered across her room.

Kaylee then lead me to the bed where we both took a seat. Then she leaned in as if she was telling a secret and began by saying, "So, how are you liking your new family so far?"

Judging by her position, she was clearly intrigued and curious about a certain thing. As she asked the question, my mind rushed through all the moments I had with the Knight brothers.

"I'm not sure how I feel yet since it's only been a day or two since I met them. They are a little protective..." My thoughts trailed off to Alexander making me stay due to safety reasons. "And they're a little too possessive." I complete my senetnce after contemplating for the right words since my mind was fogged with the actions of the brothers.

"That's normal, trust me. I still have people watching over me during college." Kaylee huffed out while her face morphed into an irritated expression.

"So, when did your mother start working here?" I try to change the topic as I think back to the interaction between Kaylee's mother and Alexander.

"My mother started working here a long time ago. The brothers were really young when Mrs. Knight passed away and though Alexander tried to raise his sons by himself, it was rough so he finally hired my mother.

My mother was also desperate for a job since she was a single mom. So the brothers and I grew up together and they're like annoying siblings I can't get rid of." Kaylee answers with a softness in her eyes.

"Alexander always has been like a  father figure to me while Ace, Roman, Vincent are like my older brothers. They treat me with love and they treat my mother with respect. Everything was great for a long time, you know, like a small perfect family until Alexander got married to that bit-." She suddenly stopped herself as she realized that she was talking about my mother.

I let out soft chuckle and shook my head to reassure her. "No need to stop on my behalf. I know my mother is a bitch."

"I knew it! You were different, we're going to get along just fine." She overcame her shock and offered me a huge smile.

"So what are you studying?" I question.

"Accountings." She answered nonchalantly.

"You must be really smart, I can't even solve a simple equation." I tell her as I remember the amount of all nighters I pulled just to get a passing grade on my tests.

"It's not as bad as it sounds. Once you get the hang of it, you start enjoying it." She shrugs and I give her a "yea, nope!" expression.

"Forget about me, tell me about your self. What are you going to be majoring in?" She changes the subject to me.

"Well, I like art, but then again I like dancing as well, and let's not forget about writing. To be honest, I'm not really sure. I can't tell apart betweeen my hobbies and passion and oh my God, I don't even know what I'm going to be." I start off smooth but then begin to ramble as I think about my future.

Kaylee lets out a chuckle, patting my shoulder and suddenly I'm reminded of her acting weird around Hunter.

"So, have you met my brother Hunter yet? He is living here for now." I question her and she instantly stiffens, her face resembling a tomato. I raise a curious brow at her expression.