T H E R I D E

"I need to leave. Now!" I haul myself up on my two feet and slam my palms on his mahogany table, telling him in an authoritative voice.

"I already told you, you can't leave this state." Alexander hissed, barely hanging onto his control.

"I'm talking about the wedding reception. I'd rather not be here. Give me the address of the condo and Hunter will drop me off." I grit out with the same amount of venom that was present in his words.

I truly thought that this would be the final straw that gets me killed but instead Alexander leans back and observes me before allowing a tiny smile on his face with a glint of pride and satisfaction in his eyes.

"No need to call your dear brother, Hunter. You have us now, princess." A deep voice breaks in from behind and I snap my head in the direction of the door to see the three Knight brothers stride in the room.

Alexander hadn't closed the door, so how long have they been there? How much did they hear?

They finally stop right next to my chair and I turn back around to face Alexander. Alexander raises a brow at me, waiting for my response.

"No, it's fine. You guys shouldn't miss out on your father's wedding reception. Besides, Hunter and I have a lot to catch up on." I clear my throat and sheepishly say, the four men's gaze scaring the hell out of me.

"I'm also your father now and it's fine if you don't want to be here. If you want to leave, you can, but my sons are going to accompany you. My sons are here to protect you, Bella. Besides Hunter and I have things to talk about too."  Alexander finishes with no room left to argue.

Rage shoots through my veins and I clench my hands into tights fists. I'm usually very calm, but these four men have managed to change that.

I don't want Hunter to be involved with these people.

Ignoring the four men in the room, I once again stand up and stomp out of the room. The hallways are empty due to the fact that everyone is at the wedding reception. As I'm walking, footsteps echo behind me indicating that I'm being followed.

I fasten my pace, forcing my tiny legs to move faster until I reach the area filled with people.

After a few seconds, I detect Hunter and just as I'm walking towards him, my arm is gripped and I'm dragged outside.

I try to yank my arm out of the person's grip, realizing that it's Roman, but his hold only tightens.

"Let me go!" I screech, thrashing my arm in his hold.

"Why? So you can go back to your dear Hunter." Roman seethes, shooting a glare towards me.

"What is your problem? He's my brother, of course, I will go to him." I grit out, finally succeeding in freeing my arm from his grip.

A dark chuckle echoes through the air causing a shiver to dance down my spine. Before I can register anything, I find my front being pressed against a car. A muscular chest presses against my back as I find my heart thumping against my chest to the point it was almost painful.

"If I were you, I'd pick my words wisely, little one. If you don't, there might be punishments, that I can assure you, you won't like, but my brothers and I would enjoy." Ace threatens, his hand moving to the small of my back and pushing slightly in a taunting manner.

A hand wraps my hair around itself, not too tightly but just enough to turn my head upwards where my eyes meeting with Vincent's.

"The only men you will ever need from now is us, I better not hear you needing someone else besides us, princess. Like my brother said, you won't enjoy the consequences." He husks out, his other hand moving towards my lip. His thumb grazes my bottom lip, and then he tugs on it causing a whimper to escape my mouth.