T H E K N I G H T B R O T H E R S

Today's the big day. Where the excited girl walks down the aisle, her father next to her, tears blurring his vision. Where the bride and groom say their vows and wrap it up with 'I do's'. Where two families become one. My mom has had that big day four times before. Today is her fifth and most likely not her last.

"Bella it's time." My aunt Mary whispers, placing her hand on my shoulder. I nod my head in acknowledgement.

"You look gorgeous." She compliments me before fixing a few strands of my hair that had parted ways with the rest.

"Thank you." I offer her a wavering smile and glance at myself once more. I was wearing a floor-length rose gold dress. It was sleeveless and had a slit running from my thigh to the rim of the dress. It wasn't anything too scandalous and showed just the right amount of skin. I let my hair cascade down my back. I looked...elegant.

As I'm about to walk towards the door, Aunt Mary grasps my wrist causing me to turn around, my brows furrowing.

"Before we proceed, I need to tell you something." Aunt Mary's voice is suddenly soft and serious, like a little girl telling the biggest secret.

I observe her and notice her pale complexion, sweaty palms, and trembling figure. My heart races, frightened about what she was going to tell me. It has to be something serious or else she wouldn't be acting like she just saw a ghost, right?

She seems to be lost in her thoughts so I place my hand on her shoulder causing her to flinch.

"You okay?" I ask, worry lacing my voice.

"Yeah, I'm okay. It's just that...that the man your mother is marrying," She pauses and I hum 'mhm' to encourage her to continue.

"The man your mother is marrying is Alexander Knight!" She blurts out and I find a gasp escaping my mouth, my eyes widening and my body becoming stiff.

It takes me a few seconds to fully register her words. Alexander Knight. The Alexander Knight.

My aunt grabs onto my shoulders,  gently shaking me to break me out of my daze. My mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water. I try to formulate the correct words but I can't.

"I-" I begin to speak before I am interrupted by my mom's friend, Jenny as she barges inside the room.

"What are you two doing inside? Hurry up, it's starting."  Jenny questions, seeming as if she ran here because of her vigorous coughing in between each word, heaving chest and voice sounding like a person who smoked a little too much.

"We're coming." Aunt Mary answers.

"Well hurry up." Jenny snaps.

I pass my aunt a look, telling her that this conversation is not over and begin to trudge outside, waiting for this mess to be over.

I plan to sit on one of the seats in the back row but Jenny seems to have other plans as she grips my arm and drags me to stand next to the bridesmaids.

I struggle against her hold and tell her to let go.

"Quiet, child. It's your mothers wedding, you should be standing next to her." She harshly whsipers, and I submit, not wanting to create a scene, but I make sure to rip my arm out of her grasp and throw her a glare causing her harsh look to falter.

Music begins to play, telling me that my mother most likely is walking down the aisle right now.

After a while, the priests begins saying words that I pay no attention to.

The entire time, I can't help but look down, the ground gaining my sudden interest. My mother's high-pitched, excited voice starts reciting the vows and a deep, almost bored voice follows soon.