Chapter 30. Bonnie and Clyde

Taytum's POV

It's the middle of May the school year is nearly over with. I haven't seen Gentry since he left unless you count a few video chats. He told me he's probably going to leave California near the end of August. He said this time he's probably moving to New York City.

"Have a good night Taytum," My manager said.

"You too," I said as I walked out the door. It's a really warm night tonight. On my way home Chapin calls me. 

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey, do you work tomorrow?" She asked."I'm painting my bedroom could use your help."

"No," I don't work tomorrow. I can come over," I said.

"How's Chance?" 

"He's doing fine. He's moving again in a couple of months," I tell her.

"Oh, damn," She said.

"I know," I agree. "Hey I'm going to let you go I just got home."

"Oh okay, bye!" She hangs the phone up. Once upstairs in my bedroom, I strip down to get into the shower. The hot water relaxes me as I wash up. I grab the towel off the rack and wrap it around me. I wipe the steam off the mirror and plug my blow dryer in. 

My phone begins to ring I look down and see a video chat request from Gentry. I turn the blow dryer off even though my hair is still pretty damp and answer the call. I hold my phone up so he can see me. "Hi," I smile. 

"Hi, baby," He smiles. "Woah did you just get out of the shower?" He notices my hair is wet. He bites down on his lip.

"Yes," I answer simply as I walk into my bedroom and lay on the bed. 

"Are you naked?" He smirks. A giggle bursts out of me and I hold the phone up high above me so he can see I'm in a towel. "Woohoo take it off!" He hoots. 

I shake my head and bring the phone back closer to my face. "I don't think so," I chuckle. 

He groans. "That's not nice."

"It's not my fault you have bad timing," I snort.

"Whatever my timing is impeccable," He chuckles. "All you got to take off is the towel."

"You're such a guy," I chuckle.

He throws his head back and laughs. "You're depriving me."

"Well, not for much longer..." I trail off.

His expression becomes confused. "What do you mean?"

"Aunt Laura bought me a plane ticket. I'm leaving here the day after school is over. I'll be there in two weeks," I tell him.

"Really? How'd you talk her into that?" 

"It's not that hard," I snort. "Aunt Laura isn't very strict. She said I can come to stay for a week. I think she feels bad for leaving me alone all the time. I'm kind of excited I've never been to California."

"You're going to like Los Angeles then," He chuckles. "Tell Laura I owe her one. I was going to come to see you soon but I guess I don't have to." 

"You have to come to see me next though so don't forget those blue contacts," I tease. 

He laughs and nods in agreement. "Today sucked I figured you'd make it better somehow," He smirks.

"Why did it suck?" I ask. 

"I'm working for this roofing company-" I cut him off.

"You can roof?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes," He nods.

"What can't you do?" I ask in irritation. He's silent for a long moment his eyes are amused. "Sorry continue," I mutter and he laughs.

"Anyway, I fell off the roof. Luckily I landed on a pile of boards and not the concrete but my back fucking hurts," He sighs. 

"I'm sorry babe. That sucks maybe you should go to the hospital," I suggest.

"I try to avoid hospitals I don't want to leave medical records laying around. Identity theft, car boosting, bank robbing, and selling weed is bad enough. If I leave medical records under other people's names it's just asking to get caught," He said.

"W-wait, what? Bank robbing?" I gasp.

"Well it wasn't exactly armed robbery so nobody got hurt, but yes," He admits. He watches my reaction curiously. 

"You robbed a bank," I murmur.

"In Texas right before I left," He said. "It was only once. I needed the money." He shrugs. My jaw drops in shock.

"How the hell..." I trail off. 

"I had help," He said.

"Caleb and Mike," I mutter.

He bites his lip to hide a smile. "Mhm," He hums.

"You are the most devious..." I trail off and shake my head before I burst into laughter. "Wow, my boyfriend the bank robber."

"Baby I know that you like me, you my future wifey. Soulja Boy Tell 'Em, yeah. You can be my Bonnie, I can be your Clyde. You could be my wife, text me, call me. I need you in my life, yeah all day every day I need ya. And every time I see ya my feelings get deeper. I miss ya, I miss ya, I really wanna kiss you but I can't," He sings and I burst into hysterics. 

"Oh my god stop!" I laugh.

He laughs too. When we finally settle down and my breathing slows from the laughter I smile. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," He murmurs.  A yawn escapes me and I blink a few times trying to stay awake. "You're tired, I should let you go."

"No, I'm fine," I tell him but I yawn again.

He chuckles. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"I promised Chapin I'd help her tomorrow," I sigh. 

"Hmm, then how about I sing to you until you fall asleep," He said. 

A small smile spreads across my lips and I nod in agreement. "I love you," I tell him.

"I love you too," He murmurs. I discard the towel and crawl under my blanket. He starts singing to me when I close my eyes. By the time he finishes the second song, I'm out.