Chapter 28. No Regrets?

Gentry's POV

"You asked me before where my dad was, and if I still saw him," She murmurs, twirling a piece of hair around her finger.

"Yeah?"

"My dad is going to be in prison for another twelve years," She says softly.

"W-what? For what?" I ask in shock.

"Raping me," She murmurs and looks up at me.

"What?!" I explode. "A-are you kidding me?"

"He was really abusive in every way, and I hate talking about," She says sadly. "I should have told you sooner. I know how different that can make someone feel about a person. I'm so sorry." Tears build in her eyes.

I kneel between her legs and grab her face between my hands, forcing her to look at me. It's hard not to be angry about it, but I keep the anger out of my voice. I'm not angry at her, but I'd love nothing more than to kill her father. "Shh," I hush, wiping the tears away. "Don't be sorry, Taytum. That is not your fault at all. You have every good reason to not want to talk about it. It sure as hell doesn't change how I feel about you," I tell her.

She stares at me, surprised. "I-it doesn't?"

"Hell, no," I shake my head. "Of course not." I press my lips to hers softly. She tangles her fingers into my hair and pulls me down on top of her. I don't expect the kiss to get so heated or out of control, but that's exactly what happens.

My tongue massages hers as I grind against her. She digs her nails into my back. I break the kiss, and my gaze meets hers. "I love you, baby," I murmur.

"I love you," She smiles. She lifts her shirt off and throws it. I kneel between her legs and slide her shorts off. My mouth trails down her inner thigh. If this is the last time I'm going to see her for a while, I'm going to make it worth it. I don't bother sliding her thong down. Instead, I rip it. "Gentry!" She scolds but cuts off in a moan when my tongue pressed to her clit.

Damn, I hope Caleb has his headphones in, or I'm not going to hear the end of it tomorrow.

I'm trying to commit the smell, taste, and feel of her to memory. She throws a pillow over her face. Normally Taytum doesn't care how loud she is unless she has to be quiet, which is normally only when Gia is here. Taytum knows that Caleb is here, though. The pillow muffles her moans and I don't like not hearing her. Normally I wouldn't argue, but this is the last night we have together, and I want to hear her. I grab the pillow off her face and throw it onto the floor. She begins to scold me for that but cuts off moaning again when I bury my face back between her legs. She grabs another pillow, but I take that one and throw it too.

She thrashes against me and moans loudly as she releases. When the orgasm fades, I hover over her and smirk. She slaps my chest, and I chuckle. "What was that for?"

"Caleb just heard me," She growls.

"The more important thing is I could hear you," I chuckle. "This is the last night I'm going to see you for god knows how long I'm going to make it worth it."

"Gentry!" She squeals when I grab her legs and pull her to the edge of the bed. I stand between her legs, putting them over my shoulder. I drop my shorts and thrust into her hard and fast. A loud moan escapes her, and her eyes roll back as she arches her back.

"Damn, I'm going to miss you," I groan. I hope she doesn't plan on sleeping tonight because there is no way in hell I'm going to let her.

***

"Well, on the bright side, you're going to start getting a lot more sleep without me around," I chuckle as I load my last box into the back of Caleb's truck.

"Ya know, I can not believe I never noticed that Caleb's truck plates say Texas," She snorts. I laugh as I look back at his truck and nod in agreement.

"You forgot one," Caleb says as he comes out of the house. I take the box from Caleb and look inside it. I instantly know what it is. I walk to Taytums car and pop her truck. She watches curiously as I put it in her car and shut the trunk.

"What are you doing? What is that?" She asks curiously.

"You'll find out when you look inside," I chuckle.

"You enjoy being mysterious, don't you," She giggles as I pull her into me.

"I love it," I smirk. We stare intently at each other for a long moment. Tears begin to build in her eyes. "None of that," I murmur, wiping them away.

"I'm going to miss you. It's going to be boring here without you," She murmurs.

"I'll miss you too," I tell her and press my lips to hers. "I'll call or message you when I get to California."

She bites her lip, thinking for a moment. "No regrets?" She asks. At first, I thought when things started between us we were both going to regret it when I left. When you care for someone it's hard to be away from them. It hurts not being able to stay with someone you care about. 

"Oh, I have plenty of those..." I trail off. She gives me a questioning look. "But, you are definitely not one of them."

A smile spreads across her face. "Same." We still have to grab Gia from her friend's house before we leave town. I feel bad for Gia. She liked it here too. "Tell Gia I said goodbye."

"I will. I love you, Taytum."

"I love you too..." She trails off. "Gentry." My lips crash against hers. The kiss is long and passionate. As much as I hate to break it, I do. I lick my lips and bite down on my lip.

"See ya," I murmur.

"Bye," She says. Tears build in her eyes as I pull away from her. Caleb starts his truck when he sees me heading for my car. Taytum gets into her car and backs out of the driveway. Caleb follows me to Gia's friend's house. Gia is confused.

"Where are we going?" She asks softly.

"It's time for us to move on," I tell her as we get into the car.

"I don't want to leave Gentry," She said sadly.

"Yeah, I know, baby girl me neither," I said.

"What about Taytum?" She asks.

"I'm sure we'll see her again," I tell her.

She sighs and sinks back into her seat. "So, what are our names this time?" She asks.

"You're going to be seven years old. I'm going to be twenty-four-years old. My name is Jordan James, and your name is Kelly James. You're my daughter this time, not my sister," I explain to her.

She snorts and rolls her eyes. "If you say so, dad."

I chuckle at her response. "Oh come on, Kelly has a nice ring, don't you think?"