Chapter 42: What a Catch

Start from the beginning

"So this must be Pete, right?" My mom asks, looking over at him. Pete nods and smiles.

"I would ask if you and Mikey are together but I can already tell you are. I wasn't aware that there were so many gays in my vicinity." My mouth falls open at her comment and Gerard literally has to reach over and close it for me.

"And you two, what's with the rings?" I look down at my plate and avoid her gaze. I can feel her eyes shooting daggers at me.

"Promise rings. That's all," Gerard speaks up.

"What exactly was the promise?" My mom asks.

"Well, mother, if you were meant to know, I'd have told you," I retort. She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"I have a right to know," she retaliates. Fletcher starts crying and I feel myself close to snapping.

"You don't have any rights. I'm legally an adult. I chose to come here, don't make me regret it," I sneer. My voice growls towards the end.

"It's not like you two are going to last, you realize that, right? He's far too pretty and intelligent for you, Frankie." She bats her eyelashes at Gerard. That's it. I stand up, slamming my fists into the table.

"I'm leaving and I'll be by tomorrow to pick up my shit and get the fuck out of here!" I shout, accidentally smashing a plate, causing Pete's kids to start crying. Gerard stands up and straightens his shirt, grabbing for my hand. I slap his hand away, not making the situation much better. Mikey and Pete stand up, picking up their kids and we all leave. It's a little dramatic but I couldn't take much more of it.

We get outside and I collapse to the ground, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm so sorry," I say, my voice wavering.

"Look, Frank, it's fine. I shouldn't have invited myself and a date and his kids over. That was a little over kill anyway," Mikey tries to calm me down but it makes me feel worse. He got Fletcher to stop crying but Pete is still working on calming his kids down.

"I need to get out of here. I-I don't want to be here. Can we go?" I ask turning to Gerard. He nods and helps me to my feet. He picks me up bridal style and carries me to his car.

"I have legs, you know," I say with a sad little laugh. He sets me in the car and puts my seat belt on. I stare out the window at the stars, watching the street lights as we drive by. Gerard doesn't bother turning on the radio,  knowing I'd probably just turn it off anyway. Thinking about it now, how would he know? He doesn't know me that well.

We get back to his apartment and before we go in Mikey pulls into the parking lot and calls Gerard over. They exchange some words and then hug. Mikey gets back in his car, waves and drives away. I stand up and head up to Gerard's apartment. He's not far behind. We get in and I plop onto the couch. Gerard joins me on the couch and he wraps his arm around my shoulder. He kisses my forehead. I tilt my head up and he kisses my lips. I turn a little so I can slide my fingers along his jaw. I run my finger through his short, white hair, thumbing over his ear. I climb over him, straddling him, feeling the warmth of his cheeks as I cup his face with my hands. His fingers trail down my side, lifting up my shirt, breaking our kiss. The neck of the shirt catching on my nose for a moment before it's completely off and he drops it to the floor. He lifts me and lays me down on the couch, climbing over me and sliding my pants down. He pulls off his shirt and pushes his pants down. His lips meet my lips again, his hands running up and down my chest before slipping into my boxers, stroking my hardening dick. His hand leaves my skin to pull my boxers off completely. I use my feet and slide his boxers down his legs, he kicks them off. He pushes into me and begins to move in and out, slowly at first and then speeding up gradually. He begins to kiss my shoulder as I let my mouth fall open with moans and swears tumbling from my lips. His strokes are hard and deep and I dig my nails into his back every time he thrusts into me. His lips move closer to my neck, sucking and nibbling at the skin. My skin begins wet with sweat and begins sticking to the leather couch. I push it out of my mind as I tilt my head back, my hair falling out of my face. I close my eyes and bite my lip, savoring the next few minutes. I glance at Gerard who's groaning into my shoulder as he moves in me. He tilts his head back, squeezing his eyes closed and clamping his mouth shut. He thrusts in hard, his arms trembling slightly.

"Frank!" He groans, releasing and letting his mouth fall open. A line of drool drips from his mouth onto my chest giving me dick butterflies, driving me closer to the edge. Gerard leans down low, his skin rubbing against my cock. I groan and release that very moment.

"Fuck..." I moan, enjoying the orgasm.

After a couple of minutes of panting, he stands up and pulls me into his arms, carrying me into his room. He lays me down and covers me with a blanket. He leaves the room just to turn off the lights and he comes back, laying beside me and wrapping his arm around my chest.

"I-i... Care about you," he sputters awkwardly.

"I care about you too," I reply, a smirk presenting itself on my lips. He kisses my shoulder and I close my eyes. Sleep finds me easily and I enter sandman.

I wake up early enough in the morning and slip out of Gerard's arms. I go outside for a smoke, being as quiet as possible to not wake him. My fingers shake as I light the cigarette with my skull lighter. I take a drag and watch as the smoke dangles through the air, floating up to the sky, carelessly and effortlessly leaving my lips. The taste of the nicotine coats my mouth as I think about last night. I really fucked up. Should I really go get my things or should I just leave it be? A pair of arms wrap around my waist and lips are pressed against my neck.

"Morning," Gerard grumbles sleepily in my ear

"Morning," I reply, letting out another puff of smoke, watching it dance through the sky, like art.

"I know I never, y'know, asked or made it really official, I mean, like, you've introduced me to some people as your boyfriend but would you, like, maybe, kinda, wanna, maybe be my boyfriend?" He asks, stammering against my skin.

"Wouldn't you rather label us fuck buddies? I'm kidding... Of course, I'll be your fucking boyfriend, you dickstick," I reply, laughing. I flip around in his arms and give him a kiss.

"Mm fucking sounds really good right now," he mumbles.

"Well maybe after a cup of coffee and maybe a movie..." I tease. He groans.

"Come on," he pleads. I pretend to think about it for a minute. I put out my cigarette, squishing it under my heel.

"I'm kidding! I do want that coffee though," I laugh.

"Your cup is getting cold, I made some before I came out," he says.

"Well aren't you an efficient little boyfriend."

-----------------------