Chapter Thirteen

Serena

You know when you wake up from a nightmare or a bad dream, and your glad that it was over? I felt that too when I woke up, but then I realized that I wasn't in my bed, or in my room.

Standing up -- somehow I was completely uninjured -- the first thing I noticed was the cathedral and a few of the surrounding buildings that had been reduced to rubble. All of what had happened between X and Y came back to me, and I was unsure of how much time had passed. The storm clouds had retreated, and there was an ironically, bright sunlight casted down onto the only part of Lumiose City that seemed harmed from the attack.

Looking around, I noticed that I couldn't spot neither my friends nor Y. Instinctively, I headed towards the rubble, which had previously been the cathedral, and began to look around. There was a shaking sound, and I watched as a large chunk of rock was pushed off the ground. I stopped as the black-robed X stood up, with his back faced towards me. His hood was down, and his clothes were tattered.

"What the heck happened here" He said; his voice was different. In fact, it was familiar.

I froze in place and inhaled sharply as he turned around, and our eyes met. "Y-Your X?"

"It's not what it looks like" He insisted, though sounding sincere

"Well then you better start explaining" I demanded

He began to walk closer, but I was still stuck in place from the shock; he paused when we were shoulder to shoulder, facing opposite directions. "There's too little time, and I have to go, but I'll explain later. I promise"

A single tear, that I was relieved he didn't see, dripped down my cheek, and I wasn't able to move until his footsteps completely disappeared into the distance, and a different voice brought me out of my trance.

"Serena!" Ash called, somewhere off to my right

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Serena!" Ash called, somewhere off to my right. I turned and saw him waving, with Gary, Clemont, and Bonnie next to him, all uninjured as well.

I quickly wiped the tear and put on a half-fake smile as I carefully descended the rubble and the steps; they met me halfway.

"Glad to see your alright Serena" Ash said

"Yeah, you too" my half-fake smile turned into a full one. "But what happened anyways? Last thing I remember was getting wiped out by Deoxys"

"Y's Charizard managed to nullify most of the attack using some kind of move" Gary answered. "When we woke up, we were kind of far from here, and Y was gone, so we had to run back"

"I assume that because Deoxys was aiming right for you, that you were left back here with all the rubble" Clemont said

I thought about telling them who X was, but I thought I would wait to hear out his explanation.