Lover is a Day, You are a Lifetime

Start from the beginning

Well, it has been a while since Akashi only used his arms and legs to fight, "Who knows. I think I'm kind of rusty at using only Taijutsu, but we'll see," he went into a stance, "I think I should be able to ground you." He sent Sasuke a shameless wink.

"You'll be the one on the ground." Sasuke shifted his feet, going into a more comfortable position.

Akashi laughed at his words, "Hey, it's a win-win situation for me. Doesn't matter if you're below or above me."

Shaking his head, Sasuke took a step forward and lunged at Akashi, not wasting a second. Akashi, kinda surprised, stumbled to the side to evade a punch, "No fair!" He whined, ducking under another hit. Sasuke said nothing in reply and Akashi huffed. He spun around an incoming kick, and whipped his hand to the side, landing a clean hit to the back of Sasuke's neck.

_

The raven-haired boy took a few steps back with unfocused eyes. Akashi almost knocked him out with a single hit, "Am I mistaken, or did you say you were rusty?" Sasuke questioned, taken aback at Akashi's fluid movements.

"I am." Akashi replied.

Narrowing his eyes, Sasuke went at him again, keeping a better eye on his movements. Akashi's style of fighting was much different from his or Naruto's. He focused more on vital spots, like the back of the neck. He was also still faster than Sasuke, even without the Flying Thunder God. Sasuke side-stepped a quick jab, but failed to see the other hand. Something slammed into his shoulder and he whipped to the side, almost knocked off balance.

This style of fighting was kind of overwhelming for Sasuke.

Without a word, Akashi disappeared from his sight and the next thing Sasuke knew, he was on the ground, the breath knocked out of him, "I told you I would ground you." A weight settled over his stomach and he was met with Akashi's bright eyes.

"As did I." Surging up, Sasuke somehow managed to flip their positions so that Akashi was beneath him. He looked down at the boy with a smug expression.

"I also said it doesn't matter if you're below or above me." Akashi gave him a childish grin.

And in that moment, Sasuke knew.

Akashi definitely wasn't just a lover to him.

_

Contrary to Akashi's previous words, the first thing the boy did when they got home was sleep. He barely managed to undress himself and put on his pyjamas, before he promptly fell asleep.

Not that Sasuke was complaining. His neck still throbbed from Akashi's hit.

He laid down on the futon, next to the sleeping Akashi, and just... looked at him. Akashi was nuzzled into the pillow, half of his face hidden by the fabric of it, but it was enough for Sasuke. He could still see him.

His nose, his lips, his closed eyes. He still saw him.

He watched his shoulders move as soft breaths left him. Then, Akashi shifted. He shifted just enough so he was touching Sasuke. His hair tickled Sasuke's chin, but he dared not move away.

Slowly, as to not wake him up, Sasuke took hold of the thin sheet and brought it over their bodies. It may be summer, but he didn't wish for him to get a cold or something.

Then, as he felt his own eyes grow heavy, he placed his hand on Akashi's back and lightly pulled him forward, slotting their bodies together.

_

Months passed before Sakura's project was ready.

"So it's ready?" Akashi asked, not being able to hide the excitement in his voice, "Like, really, really ready?" He practically bounced on his feet.