CHAPTER 37: Does He Mean That?

MACEY

"I'm sorry." He says after he gets done telling me about what all is going on and the possible things that Walker could do.

I am shocked to say the least by just knowing this is really happening and isn't from a story I have written or anything. Our lives were both in danger and this was REAL life.

"I'm glad you told me." I tell him. "What do we do now? Do I hire a bodyguard or something?" I ask.

"Of course not. I'm gonna be around you always because I have to know you're okay." He says while taking hold of my hand.

"Alright." I reply. "So when we get back home, whose place do we stay at?" I ask.

"Wherever you feel more comfortable. However, I need to make sure my sister is alright too."

"Of course. Well, I guess I can stay with you at your place and wait this out." I tell him.

He smiles at me and leans in to kiss me then leans his forehead against mine as he gently caresses the side of my face with his thumb.

"I don't deserve you." He tells me.

I then place my hand on the side of his face as well and do the same thing.

"Yes you do. Just as I deserve you. We both deserve happiness." I assure him.

We kiss each other again before packing up, meeting with my agent and heading back home.

During the plane ride back, I couldn't help but think about his sister Jane, Kelsa and Torro. Despite the fact that Parker already explained to me that they all know and are all going to stay at his place as well, although I was happy and less worried, I still was feeling a little scared.

Everything going on right now is scary and never do you ever think something like this could happen to you because it's only in movies or what not, then when it does happen, you think it's a cruel joke of some kind or a bad nightmare.

After we arrived, we stopped by my apartment to pack several things up before we headed to his place but the moment we got to my door, we noticed it had been broken into.

"Stay right here." I hear Parker tell me then has me stand behind him and I notice him cautiously walking inside and I'm too afraid to be out in this hallway by myself that I follow close behind him while still holding his hand and take a look around.

It looks like a tornado came in here as everything seemed to be broken and scattered all over the place and drawers sticking out as well. Who could have done this and what were these people looking for?

"Oh my god." Was all I could muster up to say as I saw all my things were destroyed, including all the first copies of all my books.

Not much was left to salvage to be honest but what could be, I grabbed and packed up then we headed downstairs and got back into the car he had pick us up at the airport and started making our way back towards his place.

"Torro, we need to talk when I get back. We just left Macey's apartment and the bastard trashed her place. So we are on our way now towards my place. I think it's time we take action with this sick fuck before things get worse." I hear him tell Torro over the phone as he looks out the window.

When he hangs up, he looks over at me and smiles then raises my hand and places a gentle kiss on the top of it then rubs his thumb lightly over my hand.

"Everything's gonna be okay." He tries to reassure me.

I believe him so I just nod my head in agreement and as much as I would love to shut off the 'writer' in me, I can't. And all I can think of right now is what he means by 'taking action.'

I really hope he doesn't do what I think he meant.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)