CHAPTER 33: That Was A Surprise

MACEY

We returned several days ago from Vegas and I have to say that after that meet up with Walker, it seems like Parker hasn't been the same and has even become more distant.

We don't make love and have 'fun' anymore. Which it sucks but more importantly, I feel he has shut himself down from me. Because we don't talk as much and he just doesn't seem to be there. Even when he holds me it feels more like an obligation then sincere.

My agent told me that we were going to begin auditioning some actors for the movie and wanted me to fly out to LA to help choose the right actors along with the Director being there and the screenwriter as well as the casting Director and would need me there for a week.

The Director of the movie was kind enough to send a car to take me to the airport and pick me up after I landed in California. I had messaged Parker last night telling him I was leaving today and that we would talk when I got back.

Then after I grabbed my backpack and purse, I started walking out towards the car and heard my phone begin to go off. I looked down and saw it was Parker.

For the first time in our relationship, I felt hesitant to answer his call. In fact, at this point it had surprised me that he even remembered me.

I wasn't in the mood, so I sent the call right to Voicemail. I got in the car and headed towards the airport.

Right now I needed to focus on this movie. I owed it to my fans, myself and the others who had invested in this as well.

I've been talking back and forth a lot with his sister and she hasn't been telling me much neither but told me that he still love and cares for me and is sad that I had left  without him but understood.

I just didn't have the time or emotional strength to deal with this now, so I continued to remain focused on this project.

The first couple of days were nothing but auditions and we ended up choosing however, great well known actors to play the big parts.

Then after more contracts were signed and more deals had been made, we proceeded to continue with the filming and when we would officially start.

"You know that we will need to stay down here for awhile right?" My agent, Ruth tells me.

"Yeah. I'll need to head back to grab some more things but yeah, I figured." I chuckled to myself a little bit.

"I know this is none of my business but you know you're more like a daughter to me in general, so if it's okay with you, may I ask if everything between you and Parker are good?" She asks.

I knew eventually I would have to tell her but was just postponing it and avoiding it as much as possible right now.

"Honestly, I don't know. Ever since we came back from Vegas, he's been a little distant." I tell her.

"Oh, well, I'm sure that it's nothing to worry about." She assures me with a smile.

"Yeah." I agree while nodding my head.

I notice her look at her phone for the fourth time in the past hour which she rarely looks at even whenever we get together. Then she smiles a little and before I can say anything, I notice her look up behind me and smiles big.

"What?" I ask her.

I then turn around to see what she is looking at and see Parker walking up to me carrying beautiful bouquet of flowers and I can't help but feel like one of my characters in my stories. Is he really here for me?

"Well, I need to get going. I'll see you tomorrow Macey." She tells me and gives me a quick side hug and kiss on the cheek as we say 'goodbye' and says 'bye' to Parker as she walks past him. 

"Hey." Parker says as he walks up to me and hands me the flowers. "I got these for you." 

"Thank you." I smiled while taking the flowers and smelling them. "Don't take this the wrong way but, what are you doing here?" I ask him. 

"I couldn't wait for you to come back home to apologize face-to-face. I mean, I never should have ignored you or left you in the dark like I did since we came back from Vegas. But if you want me to go then I can do that." He says. 

I stand there for a moment thinking if rather or not I should let him stay or just let us continue to take a break. However, my heart is telling me that it hurts worst when we aren't together and at least this way we can not only discuss exactly what is going on and having him possibly open up to me but also, I really could use his support right now to help making me feel so nervous and to help me share this happiness with him. 

"Okay, I want you to stay." I smile in reply.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)