CHAPTER 30: Brotherly Love

PARKER

I truly meant what I said when I told her I loved her and was honestly both shocked and happy that she said it back to me. I hadn't expected her to and in fact thought after I told her I loved her, that I would scare her off but I didn't.

I never thought I would ever begin to come close into letting my walls come down. But then here she comes walking into my life and makes me start to feel again.

The trip to Vegas was just around the corner and I was going to leave Torro and Kelsa in charge of the club while I was gone for the weekend in Vegas with Macey.

I still don't feel too happy or comfortable in her meeting Walker but I doubt she'll be his type really and it's good for that although I can't stop thinking about what he did to my ex. Letting her die like that when he told me I could trust him.

Then there was me who should have stopped things a lot sooner and never let him know she was my weakness. But once again, maybe things won't be as bad this time.

After talking with Walker and going over some things about when we get to Vegas, I next then tell him I'm bringing somebody with me and that she was going to be with me or the plans because she helps me make decisions.

After I had finished up at the club in the office, I started to head out and was going to hit up Macey when I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I noticed my sister at the bar talking to a guy.

What the hell was she doing here? How did she find out about this place?

I started making my way over to her and when she turned to look at me, she smiled and excitedly jumped up and gave me a huge hug.

"Hey brother." She says.

"Jane, what the hell are you doing here? I thought you hated clubs?" I asked her.

"Torro and Kelsa told me about it. Which why didn't you tell me you owned a place like this?" She asks.

"Because it's just as weird talking to you about it as it is telling you about sex and everything." I mention.

"Pfff....Please." She says.

"Whatever. Come on, we're going home." I tell her.

"But I want to stay. I want to see what my big brother has accomplished more than I have." She pouts all childish like.

"Come on, we are leaving right now." I tell her and without her getting another chance to protest, I help her up off the bar stool and we start to head back to the house.

I helped her inside and helped her up to her bedroom then as soon as she plopped down on the bed, I heard her say something in a sad tone.

"What's wrong with me?" She asks.

I stop and turn around to face her right before I reach the door and look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Mom and dad didn't love me and you left." She began before stopping herself and crying a little bit.

"Jane, there's nothing wrong with you." I begin telling her while walking towards her and sitting beside her on the bed.

"Yes there is. I mean I can't get even a guy to like me and the demons in my head, they taunt me. I am so scared." She says.

"Of what?" I ask worried as to what she meant.

"I'm scared of being alone forever." She confesses.

"But you won't be.  You'll always have me. I'm your brother and I love you." I tell her while wrapping my arm over her shoulders and pulling her closer to give her a hug.

"I love you Parker. You're the best brother in the world." She cries into my chest.

"I love you too." I reply with a smile. "Now get some sleep and when you wake up, there will be a glass of water and some medicines for you to take on the night stand."

"Thanks." She smiles and wipes away her tears before she lays down and passes out not too long after.

I feel so bad for her and the way she has been fighting these inner demons for most of her life, it isn't fair. It just isn't fair that the good ones have to be punished with inner demons.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)