Did You Out A Downpayment On The Bouncy Castle?

"SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT..." The police officer said with a bored tone, giving us an cross between an unamused and unconvinced look. I guess talking to a group of hysterical teenagers was below her paygrade.

"Most people here aren't" Bev said I rolled my eyes.

"H-H-How many times are you g-going to make t-that joke?" I asked and she smiled.

"Every day, until I get to use it in my bestman speech at your wedding"She said and I tried to hide my smile through a not very aggresive glare.

The police officer cleared her throat, redirecting our attention back to her again "She threatened to kill you after she found out that you remembered her taking your memories, paid the town bullies to kill you...they failed because they couldn't swim, instead of seeking medical attention you went for a walk and she took you to the cliffside to kill you, but your friends who had to stay with you for this interogation for some reason, stopped her and you shot the leader of your government..." She said, not very impressed with our traumatic experience.

"Yes..."I said "We d-d-don't have to k-k-keep going o-over this, w-we live streamed it, s-she tried to kill js and she d-destroyed everyone's l-lies"

"I get that, she ruined my fucking life too. I'm no lawyer, but I know that if you end up on trial some of her friends high up there would like to get there hands on you...it wouldn't be justice" She said, resting the end of her pen in her mouth, biting it anxiously.

"N-None of this was j-j-justice, e-everything" I muttered and she nodded.

"One life, for millions, sounds poetic almost. But you know it isn't that simple, you've got people who want you dead now, it's policy to process you...but it's also policy to put you into witness protection" She said, resting her heand against her hand, as tired as we were as well I guess. We had been here for hours.

All of this was stupid, in every single YA book no one ever got in trouble for saving the day, I guess that's what made them ubreliable. "You're not in trouble William, the DA thinks it's self defence, they saw the livestream...they said if they're going to have to re-write the law anyway, they could make an acception" She said "But there is too many people up there who worked for her..."

"What do you mean re-write the law?" Richie asked."You don't mean-"

"You've got some fans, after the lifestream there's been a protest...petitions, the whole of Derry practically, the government is having a re-shuffle, we had to arrest of four hundred MPs yeterday and two hundred police officers. If they get processed your case stands a chance, but there's a problem. The only law we can prove they broke is the soulmate law, if we re-write it, only her closet officials will be processed. Under the new law, you'd still be charged for murder, but your case wouldn't stand a chance" She said and I shuffled in my seat uncomfortably.

"Why don't y-y-you sound a-apolgetic?" I asked and she smiled.

"Because, they're waiting for your call, you have a choice, whether the law changes for the people and you get charged, or everyone who hurt the law gets charged and you are free on self-defence" She said and I stared at her, the ticking from the clock until it clicked.

"I t-think, I-I'll choose to s-see someone w-who didn't work for P-Pennywise" I said and her stern look darkened. "I k-know how the l-law works, and of I h-have to change it, I k-know legally I would h-have to be an MP...and w-what do we all k-know about MPs?"