A Guide To Giving Up

Warning: Well this gets a little angsty, not going to lie. Talk of abuse, a lot of sadness and crying.

IN THAT MOMENT Stan's perfect eyes, the ghosts that haunted my sketchbook fell through a vortex of emotions

I knew I had broke him, with each colour that ebbed and flowed through his gaze like shooting stars, each new colour, new constellation falling into place. One of grief, shock, fear and finally anger.

He was made of outer space and now it haunted me.

He tried to calm his shaking breath, his grip tight against my collar. "Did..."He began, struggling to find the words. "Did someone do this to you? D-Did someone h-hurt you?"

With every shaking breath he took, it drew a little air from my lungs. I shook my head quickly, but his gaze nevet met mine. "I-I'll kill them, w-who hurt you?"

I shook my head quickly, "N-N-No one, Stan, d-don't worry" Of course, of course he was thinking of me first, I worse the worst person on the planet. "R-Remembet at y-yours and d-dinner with y-your-"

"That was over a week ago Bill..., y-you can tell me, I c-care..." He began, closing his eyes.

"N-No one hurt me S-Stanley" I said, knowing there was no way I deserved to call him anything else. "B-But me...I d-did this, I wuh-w-w-wanted to"

He gaze finally met mine and I saw the moment it all fell into place, clicked, pieced together. He nodded slowly, his grip fading from my shirt until it was gone.

He breath displaced aroun him, he wasn't breathing, he backed up into he felt the wall. He slid down onto the floor and rested his head on the wall.

"S-Stan..." I began, but it was like I wasn't there, like he had drifted elsewhere.

He brought his knees up to his chest and buried his face. My heart broke with every sob I heard.

It was so faint I thought I had imagined it at first. It took me by suprise a little bit...because I had never seen him cry before, a little while back I didn't even think he was capable of emotions.

Whether he liked me or not, it didn't matter, I betrayed his trust and I broke him.

I walked over to him slowly, tears burning in my eyes, I was crumbling completely when he cried. "S-S-Stan" I began again but he snapped.

"No!" He shouted, another new thing. It took my by suprise and I fell to the ground. "You lied!" He screamed, "You promised, YOU PROMISED ME!"