Ch. 25- Meeting the Parents

Jacob’s POV

Seth left the hotel this morning to go get some breakfast for us. I’m glad he did this because I needed time to call Bella.

I dialed Bella’s number. It rang once and then she picked up.

“Hey Jake” she sounded chipper.

“Hey Bella” I spoke bleakly.

“What’s wrong Jake?” She spoke softly.

“Renesmee found another guy. I guess I was too late in finding her.”

“Oh Jake, I am sooo sorry. Well, Renesmee actually invited Edward and I to her place this weekend. Do you want to join us? It will be less awkward.” Bella announced.

“Sure Bells, call or text me saying when and where you will pick me up.”

“Okay Jake, I’ll see you in a few hours, I guess.”

“Bye” I said and ended the call.  By the time I was putting my phone back into my pocket Seth walked in with two big bags full of food. I concurred that one of those were for me. I smiled and thanked him.

During breakfast I told Seth about how Bella and Edward were coming into town. He nodded and said he’s glad to have Edward coming to kick that guy’s ass. I had to laugh. I’m glad I finally got closer to Seth. He was a good kid and a great friend to me when all my other friends bailed on me.

The next morning I got a call from Bella saying that they were on their way and to meet them at “Cupi-Cakes Bakery” in 10 minutes.

“Hey Seth, I’m about to leave so if you want to come you can, I could use back up.” I laughed. “But seriously if you want to come, you can.”

“Sure Jake, I’ll go with you.” Seth smiled.

We headed over to the bakery. As we turned the corner I saw Bella talking to Edward. I smiled and walked on over to them. Bella looked at me with concern. I gave her a big hug and a kiss on her cheek. I looked on over to Edward and he looked at me with respect and gave me a hug. I felt so loved by this family. I only wish Ness was part of this equation with me.

“Good morning Jake” Edward spoke.

“Good morning Edward.” I said smiling.

“So, I guess Ness said she wanted us to come to her house, I got the address. I will call her to tell her we are on our way.” Bella announced.

“Alrighty then, let’s go.” I quickly interjected.

We headed to the car. I got in the back seat and sat behind Edward so I could see Bella. I feel like being near Bella, I felt like I was being by Ness. I really miss Renesmee.

Edward started the car and we were off. It only took about 5 minutes to get to Renesmee’s house.

The car stopped. I looked out the window. The house was just like Bella’s and Edward’s cottage, but more modernized. We all got out of the car. Renesmee walked out of the house.

“Hey mom, hey dad” She smiled. “Oh, hi Jake” she frowned.

 Really? She really hates me. She glanced over to Seth.

“Hey Seth, how are you?”

 “I’m good Ness.” Seth exclaimed.

“Well, come on in.” She laughed.

We all followed her in. The house was a lot larger inside than I thought. We walked into the kitchen. There I saw Brian for the first time. He had some muscles; He was paler than me and a little shorter. What did this guy have over me? I thought to myself.

“Hey, I’m Brian. You must be Ren’s parents and brothers?” Brian spoke unsure.

Ren? Her name is Renesmee and we call her Ness or Nessie NOT Ren. This guy had no authority to call my love Ren. He can’t just walk right into her life and claim her. She was mine. I could feel my body shaking and getting hotter. Seth looked over at me and placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked over to him and smiled. ‘Thank you’ I mouthed.

“Actually I am Seth, one of her friends and this is Jake, um… her ex? I guess.” Seth spoke.

“Hi, I’m Bella, Renesmee’s mother” She shook Brian’s hand.

“I’m Edward, her father.” Edward didn’t shake his hand. I laughed a little inside.

“Okay, this is awkward. Brian made all of us breakfast, so if you would like to, can we sit down at the table?” Ness spoke softly.

We all walked over. Brian made pancakes, eggs, and sausage. Looked alright. I looked over to Edward and Bella. They were forcing it down. I had to laugh out loud this time. Everyone looked over at me and stared. Oh well.

“So Brian, where do you work?” Edward interjected.

“I work at my dad’s company. He owned a bank. Now I run it since his passing.” Brian said.

“Oh well that sounds cool. My father is a doctor and I am musician. So I didn’t follow my father.” Edward said.

This was super boring. Why did I even come?

We all ate our breakfast. I heard giggles coming out of Nessie’s mouth. I looked over and I saw Brian’s hand on her thigh and he was whispering something into her ear. I couldn’t handle this.

Ness excused herself and Bella followed her. They went into her bedroom. I glared at Brian. He looked back puzzled.

“I don’t like you” I growled.

“Why? Because Ren left you and found me?” Brian asked.

“You don’t know Renesmee and her name is Ness NOT Ren.” My voice got real deep. “I don’t care who you are, but I swear if you hurt her or even try to hurt her I will kill you.”

Edward glanced over to me and smiled. I sounded more of the father than Edward did. But I needed to threaten this kid in order for him to understand that he can’t hurt my love.

Ness and Bella walked out of the room and sat at the table again.

“Brian and I have some news that we would like to share with you guys.” Ness spoke softly.

“Are you kidding me? Ness you are not marrying this jack ass? Please say no.” I yelled.

“No, that’s not it.” Ness spoke. “Actually, I am pregnant.”

I felt myself getting really hot, really fast. I could feel my transition coming on. I picked up the table and threw it across the room. I stomped on over to Brian and grabbed him by the shoulders.

“YOU DID THIS” I screamed. “YOU KNEW SHE WAS HURTING FROM OUR BREAKUP AND YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HER IN A VULNERABLE STATE. I WILL kill you.”

“JAKE” Nessie screamed. “Let him go.”

The sound of her voice calmed me down a bit but I was still mad. I let him down and I ran out of the house crying. I was distraught to the max.