Ch. 6- The Girl

Chapter 6- the girl

Nessie POV

I woke to the pre-dawn light finding myself VERY thirsty, so I ran out of the house yanking on hiking gear as I went.

I thought about Jacob as I ran along a game trail.

I knew Sam's point of view on the subject; that a wolf imprinted on someone because they had the best chance of passing on the trait. The question was could I even have children?

'I am half human, so maybe I can, but, like vampires, I'm immortal. And I haven't exactly had . . . "the course".

That might change soon though; I will stop changing in a year or so.'

I drew my thoughts back to the task at hand. In front of me was a herd of elk; I was just about to pounce when a new scent hit me.

I ran toward it and found a dying girl about 14, coming at her was a mountain lion. I lunged toward it and dispatched it quickly, drinking the lion's blood till there wasn't any left. I turned back to the girl and picked her up.

Running as fast as I could I shouted in my head, 'DAD! Find Grandfather, I found a girl dying in the forest being attacked by a mountain lion.

After I drained the lion I checked her pulse, it's weak. She has lost a lot of blood and she's losing more so get everyone who is thirsty out of the house.' I ran up the porch Jake was just about to knock (not Bella's cottage),

"Jake! Open the door; if it's locked then break it in."

He opened the door, shocked in to silence by the girl in my arms.

Mom was waiting with Grandfather when I burst in.

"Ness, please tell me this isn't your fault." whispered Jacob.

"Mountain lion, I think. That was the only thing in sight when I found her."

He let out a BIG sigh of relief.

"Mom on the other hand was screaming her head off at me. "Ness how could you be so irresponsible? You know you're not supposed to go hunting without one of us."

"Mom, I'm getting older I can go on my own."

"Ness, what your mother is trying to say is, even if you're almost full grown you still need company just in case something happens." My father joined in the conversation.

"Ness you could have asked me." Jake answered.

That got my father to growl a little.

Grandfather sighed. We all looked at him to see what the matter was. "I'm going to have to turn her. Good thing you're here Jake, I need your permission to turn her."

He nodded at him.

Mom and grandfather exchanged looks and Mom went over to her bottom half and bit her. Grandfather stayed by her neck and did the same. We all sat down by her to wait, "Mom, can I talk to you alone real quick?" 

*********************************************************************************************************************** 

A/N.... The picture is of the girl that Renesmee had found.... I hope you guys like this chapter 

REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW